Friends

Monday morning I woke up and went straight to the shower to begin my morning ritual of hygiene. I  took my time as I massaged my archipelago pomegranate body scrub all over my body. The smell was so beautiful, it unhinged my senses completely and relaxed me.

My aunt Rosalie turned me towards this particular scent. Her bathroom was filled with different bath salts, body scrubs, shower gels, powers, bubbles and oils. She had so many that she had to build a second walk in closet just to hold them all. Now anyone who see's it thinks they are shopping at a Bath and Body Works, which by chance is one of my favorite stores to buy things from.

Once my body was scrubbed and rinsed I moved to my hair where I used my mothers favorite shampoo, strawberry suave. This is the only strawberry scent that I enjoy only because it reminds me of the memories as a child when my mother would hold me in her arms and I would be enveloped by the sweet scent.

When I finished my shower I got out dried off before grabbing my outfit for the day; dark denim True Religion brand skinny jeans and a white embroidered tiered peasant top. I brushed my hair and sprayed Aveda at my roots and then went back into my room to slip into my dark brown Frye Shirley Otk Riding boots.

Grabbing my leather satchel I put my English paper inside and buttoned it before heading downstairs. Nic met me at the front door and we left the house in silence.

I had just entered the Fairbanks city limits when Nic asked me about my reasoning for changing my Major. Instead of firefighting I wanted to do something else, what that was I didn't know yet. I just knew I didn't want to be a Firefighter anymore.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't like fire." I said as I remembered my cousin Irina's limbs being burned before my eyes. It was the only way my kind could be destroyed - once we were dismembered beyond repair that is.

He nodded his head and we returned to silence.

Parking by the Wood Center I made my way over to my first class for the day. English. I liked English class, reading, writing, poetry. It was more or less, my forte.

Like all my other classes I took a seat in the front row. I crossed my right leg over my left and brought my satchel into my lap to get out the things I would need for my class.

From behind me I could feel movement and the sound of a heartbeat  quickening from what seemed like nerves. Pausing I turned and looked over my shoulder to see a blonde looking right at me. She immediately sat back and grinned before glancing down at my bag.

"Sorry for staring, I just really like your bag." she blushed.

I gave a warm smile and patted my bag before looking down at it as well. "It's a DIAZ, genuine leather. A gift from my grandfather."

Her eyes widened. "Wow, your grandfather must love you. That is a $300 bag."

I shrugged it off like it was nothing. "My grandfather is a doctor." Was all I replied before turning around in my seat to take out my notebook and recorder just as the Professor walked in.

I pressed the record button just as he began speaking. "ENGLISH LANGUAGE 1800" He called out as he began writing on the large whiteboard. "Many words used in todays common English language was non existent in the 1800s...." the teacher began.

I quickly toned the teacher out, focusing on an assignment from my biology class that was due next week. When class ended I quickly packed up my things and then left for my math class.

I had just left the English building when I heard someone shouting from behind me. "Hey, hey you, hey, excuse me." A female voice shouted continuously.

I thought maybe she was calling for someone else, but when no one acknowledged her I suspected it was for me and turned around. It was the girl who had spoke to me in class, her name I didn't know.

She stopped infront of me and smiled. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you but I didn't get your name." she said to me.

I scrunched up my forehead but quickly dismissed it as I looked at her. "Er. My name is Renesmee." I replied before turning and walking again.

She matched my steps and kept at my side as I continued to my destination. "I'm Lily, Lily Prescot."

I nodded my head in acknowledgement and kept walking.

"So, are you knew here? What dorm are you staying in?" she pressed.

"I'm not staying in a dorm, I have a home out in North Pole. I stay there."

"Oh, well thats too bad."

After ten minutes of awkward conversation I finally made it to my next class with twelve minutes to spare. I said a quick goodbye and slipped inside where I took my usual front-of-the-room seat and waited.

I was going over some of my math assignments when a black headed female plopped down beside me.

"Hello there, I'm Fallon-"

"-And I am Genevieve." another girl said as she dropped in the seat on the otherside of me.

My eyes widened as I looked at the two females on either side of me. They looked identical and were dressed exactly the same -minus the color scheme.

"Uhm, hi...." I replied, doing my best to seem enthusiastic.

"Nice boots" Genevieve chimed.

"Really nice." Fallon added.

I pointed the toes of my right foot and smiled. "Thank you, they are Frye's."

The twins stuck out their feet and mimicked my toe pointing. "So are ours." They said in unison.

I grinned. "First year?"

They shook their heads. "Second year. Journalism major."

"That's nice, I was a fire science major but then I changed my mind. I am not sure what I want to do now."

"That is natural, most people don't know what they want to major until their third year." Fallon said.

"If they are lucky." Her twin added. "So what dorm do you live in?"

I sighed. "I don't stay on campus. I have a home in North Pole, I live there with my, er, boyfriend." I blushed slightly. "He is a fire science major."

The twins wiggled their eyebrows teasingly. "Is he cute."

"Of course he is Fallon, look at her." Genevieve looked at me. "I don't think I got your name."

I ran my fingers through my hair. "I'm, I'm Renesmee Cullen."

"Yeah, he has got to be good looking. You are quite the babe Renesmee."

I rolled my eyes. "I guess I'm alright."

Fallon laughed. "So you are one of those type of girls."

I scrunched my forehead together. "What kind of girl?"

"My dearest sister means to say you are one of those pretty girls that don't know they are pretty." Genevieve added.

Was I? I mean, I knew I had good looks since I was part vampire. But they were just looks. Looks weren't important.

"I've never really had any friends over to my house before, so I was wondering-"

"If we wanted to come over?" Fallon interrupted.

I nodded my head.

"Definitely! What is your address?"

"It's just an Estate. You can follow me over if you'd like."

Before we could finish our conversation the math professor walked in and we were silenced as we began our lesson. I wrote my number down on a piece of paper, slipping it to them and then giving my undivided attention to the lecture.

I met many people since I started school but none held my attention like Fallon and Genevieve. I personally think it had something to do with their personalities. It reminded me somewhat of my aunt Alice, even the way their dressed, did their make up and hair.

I had a very good instinctual feeling about these girls. Like we were going to be the best of friends.