CHAPTER 24: THE "REAL" TRUTH

There's no one to go to now...

...Not even hers or my family and friends...

...I'm all alone now...

...Again...

...I only have so little time to prepare...

...Maybe...

...Just maybe I could have been just a rockstar...

...Just a normal guy living the Hollywood dream...

...And finding the perfect girl for me...

...[YN]...

I cocked the pistol and placed it in the holster attached to my leg. I placed on the mask I have already prepared in case of emergencies and the guard uniform I got just in case.

*ring* *ring*

My eyes darted to the phone - the phone which I now hold a grudge against. I then slid the screen to answer the incoming call.

"What'd you want now?" I said firmly but not angry.

"Nothing, just checking if you're really doing what I told you... By the way, I heard your Cinderella ki--"

"SHUT UP!" I punched the concrete wall which cracked. I didn't know I was that strong. "DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT HER, STEVEN! IT WAS BECAUSE OF YOU THAT SHE DID IT! SHE THOUGHT THERE WAS NO MORE HOPE! YOU TOOK THE ONE THING THAT MADE ME HUMAN! DAMMIT"

"It wasn't my fault, Greyson. She killed herself. I merely stated about having your families as hostage." He replied in a sing-song tone. Damn, that old bastard!

"Whatever... I don't have time for your bullshit... Remember I'm preparing for my death?" I said adding a hint of sarcasm.

"Oh right... Well, you've got 5 hours left before the start of the Grammy's. Crash their party when they are about to announce artist of the year. You know just to spice things up."

"Fine..." I ended the call. I then threw the phone into the garbage chute. It was no use to me anymore. I looked at myself through the mirror. Blonde disheveled hair, pale blue contacts, a sharp nose, a square face and a beard. Also a guard uniform used at the even. Nobody would know I was Greyson Chance unless they pull my mask off.

Grabbing the car keys from the wooden desk I got into my car and sped away. I just wish there wasn't any traffic near the Nokia theater... Impossible.

*****

Phew! I barely made it... There were a lot of security guards around the theater plus a metal detector scanner just behind those doors. My eyes darted to a back door where security personnel were being inspected as they headed inside. I should really have studied security protocols when Steven asked me about it...

"Excuse me."

I turned around to see Carly. Why is she here?!

"Ugh... Yes, ma'am how may I help you?" I said trying to lower my voice.

"I'm looking for someone, a girl. Her name's [YN]." My smile faded away instantly. "I know everything, Greyson. She and Uncle [YDN] told me." Carly whispered amidst the deafening screams and honks. So, maybe she wasn't hallucinating. Wait! That means--

"Greyson..." Turning around again, I saw [YN]'s father. He wasn't smiling at all. "Where's [YN]?"

Now, I'm REALLY confused. "B-b-b-but I t-thought Steven kidnapped you all and have taken you hostage?" I stuttered, my legs starting to feel weak.

Carly scurried to my side and helped me up. I thanked her and shifted my attention back to [YN]'s father.

"Last night, I was at work when I got a call from my wife. She said that there were some thugs lurking around the area. I told her to stay there and open the lights to make sure she wasn't alone. I then drove to our house only to see that the place was torn apart. Thinking that the thugs would come back here and find me, I fled. I then came to Carly's house and asked for her help--"