CHAPTER 16: CHOICES & COURAGE (PART 1)

•[YN]•

My heart skipped a beat when I heard his voice again - other than his singing voice and from his interviews. He never really mention me other than his 'girlfriend.'

"I know you may be wondering why I've sent you this package. And why I have recorded this. To explain the meaning of this, I have to tell you how I joined the Family and such..."

(A/N: I'LL TELL THAT THROUGH GREYSON'S SINCE IT'S EASIER)

•GREYSON•

It all started when Whiskey went missing. Ironic right?

Alexa left the front door open when she went to buy something. I called Whiskey from the kitchen; he had to pass the foyer then the dinning room in order to get to the kitchen.

10 minutes passed; Whiskey still isn't by my side. Where is he?

I stood up from my chair and headed to the living room - he's always there - but when I came around to the corner he wasn't.

Did he just? Wait.

I looked back into the foyer to see that the front door wasn't completely shut.

Oh. My. God.

I got Whiskey's leash from the rack and dashed outside - into the cold night.

*****

I've been all over Edmond. No sign of Whiskey. I called Alexa, my mom, and Dad about his sudden disappearance and they are also looking for him. Maddox, Alexx, Caleb, Morgan, and Lauren are also helping out. Man, who would have thought that pup would be this troublesome.

*riiiiiiiiiinggg*

Alexa's calling. "Seen him already?" I put my phone on loudspeaker and placed it on the dashboard.

"Nope. Mom and Dad haven't either. Do you think he's back home by now?" Alexa asked in a grim tone.

"I don't know. I'll keep looking for now. You, Mom, and Dad need to go home now." I said firmly.

"Okay." I heard her sigh at the other end, before she hung up.

I continued driving slowly through town. Where are you boy?

*****

I glanced at my wristwatch. It's almost 10 o' clock. Alexa already texted me Whiskey isn't home yet. Morgan and Lauren had to go back home because it's their curfew. Maddox, Caleb, and Alexx have already gone home too. It's just little ole me now.

I was turning up to our street when I saw a black figuring running towards me. I immediately stepped on my brakes. The impact was hard and it left me a little dizzy. I looked up to see Whiskey happily panting in front of my car.

"Whiskey!" I stepped out of the car and dashed towards him.

I pulled him into my arms and he started licking me. He missed me.

"So, he's your dog."A voice behind us said. I turned in fright to see an old man calmly smiling at us.

"Ugh... Yes." I gave him a disgusted look. I stared at him from head to toe. His clothes were all dirty and torn, yet his face was so white and clean.

"He was in my backyard. Playing in my flowerbed; he even gave me a 'present' if you know what I'm talking about?" He raised a sarcastic brow. I simply nodded.

I then gave myself a mental slap. Greyson! Where are your manners?!

"I'm sorry about Whiskey, mister. If there is anything I could do I--"