CHAPTER 20: FRIENDS TO FOES

•GREYSON•

I'm still with my mom. I can't give the antidote unless she's awake. [YN] took 3 days, how long will she take?

"Lisa!"a voice said. I glanced to my side to see my dad who apparently got my message through Mom's phone.

(A/N: IDK IF DADDY SCOTT CALLS MOMMY LISA LIKE THAT BUT LET'S JUST ASSUME HE DOES)

He didn't seem to notice my presence for he attacked mom with a hug. And he didn't seem to want to let go of her.

When he pulled back that's when he realized about me. "Who are you?" He asked me without taking his eyes of Mom.

I cleared my throat and stood up. "You may not recognize me but," I paused. I can't do it here. Not in a crowded place. I shook my head. "Nevermind, sir." I then walked out.

Guess, my family would have to wait.

As I headed downstairs, my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID.

Gary

I pressed the phone unto my ear. "Hello." I replied being casual to him. Inside I'm like mentally killing him.

"Hey, Greyson, I'm just wondering when will you pop by again?" He was sounding too friendly. "I thought we were gonna discuss about Steven's new plan?" I knew it. He's luring me in. Good thing I knew he was a traitor.

"Ugh... I'm still busy, Gary." He didn't answer, maybe he thinks I'm lying. "I'm still preparing out the plan and checking if it has flaws." There we go.

"Oh," he sounded disappointed. "Well, let me know if you're not. They miss you bro. She misses you." That last part made me think a knife was stabbed through my heart.

"I know she misses me, Gary." I sighed. Still, even though she knows I'm alive, she's okay, she's just a car drive away - I still feel she's too far away like I'm in Antarctica and she's in America. This feeling sucks.

"Well, better hurry my friend." It was the last thing he said before he hung up. The words he said really struck me. No, not because he doesn't know I have [YN] but because I want to end this. But I need time. Time to figure out what's Steven's next move. But first,

~~~

I arrived back at the house. All the lights were still off. I head inside to find [YN] on the floor asleep. Not in a "she-just-fell" pose but in a "fetus" position. I gave her a slight nudge which made her jump. I turned on the lights and she was partially blinded.

"Argh! Turn it off!" She shrieked and headed towards me or should I say the light switch. "You should know better than to wake up a sleeping person Gre--"

•[YN]•

I stopped. I didn't know I was this close to Greyson, much less remember he was in fact alive. I was captivated by his mere presence and closeness that my brain instantly stopped working.

"[YN]?" He snapped his fingers in front of my blank face.

"Yeah?" I said dazed. He smiled.

"I'm glad you're okay and you haven't changed a bit." He suddenly stars striking my hair. Good thing, I turned off the lights for my face was burning red.

He didn't say anything after that. He just kept stroking my hair as I look into his eyes that were glistening mellowly from the city lights outside. I suddenly let out a giggle breaking the beautiful silence between us.