Chapter Eighteen: Broken and Fixed

I sank the the ground, tears streaming down my face. The Outsiders lay not far from me.
"I'm so sorry," Mo said. "I didn't know he would do that." I rose to my feet shakily, trying to put my life back together. "I just...Dally was bullying me, ok?"
"How so?" I asked. Mo rubbed the back of her neck.
"He...molested me. And I just ignored it. And then, when he was drunk, he asked me to do something I would never do. I said no, and he slapped me. And the abuse was just worse from there," she said sadly. Trying my best to forgive her, I pulled her into my arms and comforted her. I don't think the hug comforted either of us since we both ended up sobbing into each other's shoulders. I let go of her and picked up The Outsiders. The book felt cold in my hands. I flipped through it to the part where Johnny and Ponyboy were at Windrixville. A tear landed on Johnny's name. Suddenly I collapsed in sobs, my vision going dark.
    I felt someone shaking my arm. I tried to get up, but sobs overtook me.
    "Ainsley. Get up please," the comforting, deep voice shook my insides. I opened my eyes as slowly and stare into Darry's eyes. I grinned and sat up. Ponyboy stood nearby, his face looking worried and relieved at the same time. I stood up and ran to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me tightly.
    "Don't ever disappear like that again," he said. I just hugged him tighter. Darry joined the hug. I then realized something. Mo wasn't here!
"Where is Mo?" I exclaimed.
"We dont know. She disappeared with you," Darry said solemnly. I nodded and just walked up the stairs. Johnny sat on the couch, crying. I saw him and just stood there.
"Johnny?" I asked softly.
"Ainsley!" He exclaimed. He jumped up and ran to me, kissing me. I kissed him back. "I thought you were gone forever!"
"I'd never leave you," I said.
"But you left," he said.
"Mo forced me to. But I came back, didn't I?" I asked. Johnny smiled and kissed me again. I smiled and held him close.
"So," he whispered into my ear, "When should our wedding be?" I smiled.
"I don't know. When do you think is should be?" I asked.
"Next week," he said simply.
"Isn't that a bit soon?"
"Well it doesn't have to be fancy or need a lot of planning. I'm happy as long as I know you are mine forever," he said. I smiled and kissed his cheek.
"I think we should wait until Mo gets back. She should be here," I said. Johnny nodded.
"Alright," he said. He then kissed me again.