Chapter Twenty-Four: Mom

Johnny, Mo, and I ran onto my porch. Johnny's wonderfully greasy hair was slicked back like a greaser's. He looked like Johnny Cade. My mom, who had read and absolutely read the book, would recognize him immediately.
    "Would it be ok if I messed up your hair a bit?" I asked. Johnny looked taken aback.
     "Well...," he began. "Fine." I went behind him and stood on my tip toes and ruffled up his hair. He grimaced.
     "So where are we?" He asked.
     "Gardner, Kansas. 2016," I said. His mouth dropped open.
     "You're from the future?" He exclaimed. I nodded. His jaw dropped. He closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair and straightened his jacket.
      "Are you ready?" Mo asked, standing by the doorbell of my house, ready to ring it. She would be excited to see my mom, since she was sometimes driven out of her home and my mom always made her stay here until she could go home. I nodded and Mo ringed the doorbell.
    My mom opened the door and her mouth dropped open to see me standing there. She gasped and hugged me. Then she let me go.
     "Where the heck were you?" She asks sternly.
      "I was taken away against my will! Mo, too! And we got transported into the Outsiders!" I said. She raised an eyebrow and I showed her the pic of me, Mo and the whole gang. Then her gaze shifted to Johnny, who shyly waved.
     "And we got sent back on accident!" Mo said. "And I had just kissed Dally!" Johnny laughed and I smiled at hi. Mom hugged Mo, who happily hugged her back.
     "Mom. This," I said, putting an arm around Johnny, "is Johnny Cade." My mom had had a crush on him, and seeing him here probably made her heart stop.
     "N-nice to meet you, Mrs. Cameron," Johnny said, shaking mom's hand. She grinned at him.
     "Come in!" She said. "Ainsley, this is your house. Why am I inviting you in?" I laughed and walked in, Johnny and Mo following behind.
       We were all on the couch together.
      "This is so cool," Johnny muttered. His hand slipped into mine and I squeezed his hand. He squeezed mine back.
      "Oh my gosh," I said. "I'm getting a billion texts now that I have service."
      "Texts?" Johnny said.
      "Don't sweat it, Johnny. You'll catch on soon enough. If someone doubts you, dabb and you'll be fine," Mo said.
      "Dabb?" Johnny said.
      "It's a dance move," I said. "Watch me." I dabbed beautifully and he smiled weakly.
      "Mo...any ideas on how we can get back?" I said.
      "What?" Mom shrieked.
----------------------------------
Hey. Sorry about the short and very very late update....I've been going through some ugly crap and my way of coping is pretending nothing is happening and just burying myself in books. So...yeah. I'm hoping to write more even though things just got even more crazy.
-me