Chapter Sixteen: The Best Scare Ever

We ran to the lot, planning our evil scheme. He and I grinned at each other when we saw Mo and Dally sit in together on the curb. He and stood out of view, finalizing our scare/prank plans. I watched as Dally put his arm around Mo and I watched Mo snuggle into him. I glanced at Johnny who gave me a thumbs-up. I nodded and gripped the camera Darry had lent me. I watched closely as Dally leaned in to kiss her. Mo kissed him and I ran in front of them and snapped a picture. I grinned and quickly ran away. Dally unfortunately saw me. I scrambled to get away. Johnny scooped me up into his arms, since my leg was still hurt. He ran, but since he was carrying me, he wasn't going as fast as he could.
"Take the camera and get the film developed. Drop me, I will be fine," I said. Johnny grabbed the camera, kissed me on the cheek, and set me down. I sat on the ground and watched him run around the corner. Dally caught up to me. He pounced on me and pinned me to the ground.
"Where is the camera?" He hissed.
"I don't have it," I giggled.
"Does Johnny have it?" He asked, not relenting his hold on me.
"Who knows?" I said. He scowled and got up. Dally dashed away the way Johnny went. Mo extended a hand to me and helped me up. She then slapped my arm.
"Hey! What was that for?" I asked.
"For taking a picture of me and Dally kissing!" She exclaimed.
I raised an eyebrow. "Don't you mean Mally kissing?" She scowled but  couldn't contain a smile.
"What are you going to do with the picture?" She asked.
"I'm getting two copies made. One we'll keep, the other we'll show to everyone so they can see that Dally was making out with a girl three years younger than him," I said.
"But you and Johnny are together," she protested.
"But that's two years," I said. She and I laughed.
"Before we have to go home, do you want to get a picture with Johnny?" She asked.
"That and the whole gang," I replied. She nodded.
"Of course," she said.
"We better get back to the Curtis house. That's me and Johnny's rendezvous place."
"Alright. Let' go," she said, taking my hand. We then walked back to the Curtis house together.
We sat on the couch when Johnny ran in. He smiled at me and plopped down on the couch next to me. Johnny handed me two photos. I smiled and looked at them. Mo snatched up one and held it to her chest.
"I'm keeping it forever," she said. I laughed. Dally then ran in, his face red from running and anger.
"Gimme those!" He exclaimed.
"Nope," Mo and I said in unison. We laughed as Daly snatched the photo from Johnny's hands. He tore it in two. Mo sat on hers.
"Hey!" I said. "What the heck dally?" He grinned. I shook my head.
"Hey Ainsley? Wanna go somewhere where there isn't a picture-ripping maniac on the loose?" Johnny asked.
"Sure," I said. We then walked out and sat on the porch together. He put his arm around me and I leaned into him. The sun was beginning to set, making a beautiful scene before us. He then smiled at me and ran a hand over my cheek. He then cupped my face with one hand. I placed my hand on his. He kissed me. The kiss brought back painful memories that were being replaced by new, better ones, but weren't fully gone. I then heard the click of a camera taking a picture. I looked at Dally who had snapped the picture.
"Dally!" I exclaimed. He laughed and dashed of to get them developed.
"Just let him go," Johnny said. "Cuz then we will have one of the best pictures in the universe." I smiled at him and kissed him again.
----------------------
Hey guys!!! I need to 745 reads on my original story Princess of the Myths before I can update!!! It shouldn't be too hard since I'm at 738 (last time I checked)
-KendraSorenson1