Chapter Eight: Windrexville

I woke up to Mo shaking my arm. We were almost at Windrexville. I opened my groggy eyes. A few minutes later, we hopped off the train. I saw the hill in the distance, and we ran to it. We all cowered inside, hugging each other.
    "I need to go and pick up supplies," Johnny said.
    "I'll go with you," I said.
    "I can't have you going. If I get caught, there's no doubt that they will take you too," he said.
    "But I'll be with you. Therefore, I will be fine," I argued. Johnny smirked, and we walked into town to buy supplied, hand-in-hand.
    We stepped into the store. We stuck together. After getting some baloney, we also got some cigarettes, a copy of Gone With The Wind, and some hair bleach. After paying, Johnny and I began walking back to the church. About half way there, I noticed Johnny was shaking his head and murmuring to himself.
    "What's wrong?" I asked.
    "I just can't believe I killed someone," he said. Then I saw tears go down his face. "I killed a living, breathing person." I held him close. Johnny dropped the bags and kissed me. I held him tight, for some reason afraid that if I let go he'd float away. When we were done, he looked into my eyes, smiling slightly.
    "What's wrong?" I asked.
    Johnny picked up the bags. "I never noticed how pretty your eyes were until now." I'm sure that, because of that remark, my whole face went red. I began grinning, and ran the whole way back while Johnny tried to keep up with me.
    I saw Mo and Pony taking on the steps of the church. We ran up to them. They waved at us and came to greet us. Pony and Johnny put the stuff inside while Mo and I talked a bit.
    "What if Johnny wants me to bleach my hair? Dude, my hair is stayin' like this or I'm going back to 2016," Mo said. I laughed, and she grinned.
    "Mo, think about this. Just take some time to mull this over. You. And. I. Are. In. Th. Flipping. Outsiders," I said. She grinned, and we hugged each other, jumping up and down. I'm sure Pony and Johnny were wondering what we were doing, but when we are fangirling, we are not to be disturbed, for it is a very delicate process.
    "I know!!! I can't believe it!" She exclaimed. We were laughing.
    "But Mo, the way we're going right now is leading to the 'fire disaster'," I said. She looked down at her shoes.
    "We have to protect the boys we love," she said.
    "No doubt we have to," I said. She smiled, and we walked into the church.
    She and I sat watching Johnny bleach Pony's hair. I knew we were both grinning because we had both loved this part.
    "My tuff, tuff, hair," Pony whined. Immediately she and I stood up and began hugging and jumping up and down.
     "Wait. We can't do this here. It'll blow our cover!" I said. Mo thought about it.
      "You're right," she said. "If you will excuse us, we need to step outside for a moment." She and I ran outside, laughing.
       "I can't wait until Pony reads the 'stay gold' poem!" I squealed.
      "Same here!" She exclaimed. We grinned, jumping up and down.
      "What are you guys doing?" Johnny called from the entrance. We didn't answer him, of course. Fangirling is a very, very delicate process and cannot be disturbed. When we were done, we went inside. The sun was going down, and my eye lids were feeling a bit heavy. The four of us dragged the overturned pews into the center. We each had two to put together. I climbed into my little crib-like bed, and curled up. After a long time of trying to sleep, I just got up. I went and sat on the front steps of the church. I sighed, folding my hands in front of me. I then heard footsteps behind me. Pony walked out and say next to me.
     "Can't sleep?" He asked. I shook my head. "Me neither."
     "I'm scared, Pony. I'm scared for Mo. For Johnny. For you, for all of us. I know what's gonna happen, and it's not good, and i have to stop what's coming," I said. He looked at me puzzled.
     "We need to find a new hiding place," I said, tears brimming in my eyes. One finally made its way down my face.
      "What's wrong?" He asked. The tears then came full-on. Pony hugged me. "What are you scared will happen to us?"
       "I know it's going to happen. Don't ask me how because I made a vow to not say, but something real bad is gonna happen to Johnny and Dally," I said.
       "What bad thing is gonna happen to them?"
       "They're gonna die, Pony, they're gonna die," I said. Pony hugged me tighter.
       "Don't tell no one. I have to figure this out on my own," I said. Pony nodded and held my hand. He squeezed it.
        "I might have to leave someday, Pony. And I might never come back after that," I said.
         "Where would you go?" He asked
         "It's a place really far from here, but people there need me," I said. Pony hung his head.
         "I don't want you to ever leave," he said.
         "I know. I don't want to leave either, but it may happen someday against me and Mo's will," I said. I then got up. I was really tired. I crawled into Johnny's bed and curled up next to him.