Chapter Six: Dally the Pervert

We crawled under the fence into the Nightly Double. Johnny grabbed my hand to show others that I was his, and to keep everyone's hands off of me. We got to our seat just as the first movie was starting. Johnny put his arm around me, and I leaned into him. I then saw Dally and Mo sit down in the seats in front of ours. Ugh! Mo was a bit taller than me, and she was sitting in front of Johnny, so I had super-tall Dally sitting in front of me. I wanted to move, but Johnny seemed really engrossed in the movie, and he would know I had a problem with Dally and Mo spending time together. I mean, would you blame me if I said I was worried about her getting molested or raped or drunk? I don't think anyone would blame me. I saw Dally's arm snake across her shoulders. She doesn't look like she is fourteen. She looks like she could be fifteen, maybe even sixteen. A scary part came on screen, making me jump. Johnny held me a bit closer. I smiled and kept looking at Mo. Dally leaned over and whispered something in her ear. She giggled, and then said something back to him. I wished I could hear what they were saying. Then Dally said something, making Mo turn and kiss him on the cheek. Dally's face lit up, as did Mo's. Dally then grabbed her shoulders and turned her to face him. I watched, mostly in horror, as Dally kissed Mo. Mo seemed to be having the best night ever, but I was truly worried about her. But couldn't she handle herself? She's independent. They pulled away from each other, grinning. As the night grew colder, I snuggled up next to Johnny, who held me close to him. Mo and Dally began to snuggle. I thought that everything would be ok. Mo had great self control. I then noticed Dally's hand moving across her back. I watched as he slowly moved his hand down to the small of her back. He then touched her butt! I stood up, and shoved him as hard as I could. Mo stood up, her face red and I could tell she was absolutely furious. Dally stood up, apologizing over and over. Mo just slapped him. I ran to her. She was crying, and as a good friend should, I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. She hugged me back.
    "I can't believe he did that," I whispered into her ear.
    "That's the fifth time today," she said.
    "What?"
    "Yeah. He touched my chest area this morning, but claimed it was an accident."
    "Knowing Dally, it wasn't," I said. Mo pulled away. Dally was rushing over to apologize again, but Mo punched him in the face. Then, smirking, she kicked him in the place where it hurts most. Dally doubled over as I high-fived Mo.
    "Ainsley!" Dally called. "What's wrong with Mo?"
    "Get away from her, pervert!" I shouted, and pulled Mo away from him. Johnny rushed to my side. We then left.
    On the way home, we had seen Mrs. Matthews, Two-Bit's mom, and she had said that Mo could stay with her and Two-Bit. I thanked her a million times before we finally walked back to the Curtis house.