Chapter Seven: Johnny kills the Soc

I laid in bed that night, thinking about what had happened at the drive in. I hoped Mo was ok. If I didn't restrain her the next day, she might murder Dally. She can be like that... I crawled out of bed and got dressed. I then heard a knock on my door.
      "Come in!" I called. Darry stepped into my room.
      "You up?" He asked. I nodded, and then followed him upstairs.
    Pony and Johnny sat on the couch. Soda was at work, and then Darry left when I sat down next to Pony and Johnny.
    "What's Mo's deal with Dally?" Johnny asked.
    "I don't really know. She got really upset about something he did, and I don't blame her. If she comes over later, don't talk about it," I said. Johnny nodded. Two-Bit and Mo then walked in, smiling and laughing.
    "Hey Mo," I said. Mo's smiled quickly faded, and she grabbed my arm and hauled me outside.
    "Dude! I think Johnny is gonna kill that Soc tonight!" She whispered. I jumped back.
    "We gotta stop him," I said. "I've waited too long to meet him, and then when I do, he and I fall in love. He is not going to die," I said. Mo nodded solemnly and hugged me.
    "We're going to have to do something. We can't just let our two favorite characters die," Mo said. I nodded in agreement. When we were reading The Outsiders, and when Johnny and Dally died, Mo and I burst out crying in the middle of class. We had fallen in love with them and just overall loved them both. Their deaths hurt both of us really badly.
    She and I then walked back into the Curtis house. We said nothing and just sat on the floor by the couch, watching Mickey Mouse with Two-Bit, Johnny, and Pony. I fantasized about this. I dreamt about a morning like this. I grinned to myself.
     Late that night, I awoke to yelling in the living room. I got up and dashed upstairs. I saw Darry yelling at Pony, and automatically knew that tonight Johnny would kill that Soc. Pony ran out of the house, and I ran out with him.
     We saw Johnny running too, so we caught up with him. He smiled weakly at me. Mo then stepped out of the Matthews house, saw us, and ran too. I smiled at her and grabbed her hand as we ran. She smiled sadly at me. Soon we reached the park, all four of us sitting with our backs against the fountains. I sat in between Johnny and Mo. Johnny's hand found mine. I then saw the Soc's mustang pull up.
     "Guys, we need to run," Mo said.
     "Yeah," I said. I got up and we began to run but a hand caught the back of my shirt. I whirled around and saw the drunk Soc grinning at me.
     "Get offa me!" I shouted. The Soc called two cronies over. They retrained me, and the first Soc unzipped my jacket. Johnny immediately pushed him away. I glanced over at the fountain and saw the Socs trying to drown Pony. I then broke free from the Socs grasp and ran, but one sorta shoved me and I tripped. I lay on the ground, black spots surrounding my vision. Every part of me hurt. I vaguely saw Johnny kill the Soc. But where was Mo? That must've meant she got away! Soon Johnny came over to me and knelt next to my face.
     "Ainsley. Come on Ainsley, wake up, please wake up," he said. I groggily sat up. Johnny embraced me before I had the chance to stand up.
     "Where's Mo?" I asked.
     "She got away," Pony said, running over to us. I then saw Mo running to us in the distance.
     "You guys ok?" Mo asked.
      "Yeah," I said. She smiled.
      "What am I gonna do, Ainsley? I killed someone! I don't wanna go to jail!" He exclaimed.
        "Dally will know what to do," I said, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Johnny smiled.
        "He's at Buck Merril's," Pony remarked. "Let's go." We then began to walk to Buck's. Johnny and I walked a bit behind Mo and Pony. He held my hand.
        "If Pony and I have to hide, will you stay with us?" Johnny asked.
       "No matter what," I said. Johnny then kissed me. I held onto him tight. When we got to Buck's, Mo hung back because she didn't want to see Dally. I hung back with her. When it was time to get to Windrexville, we climbed into the train car. I was tired and leaned my head on Johnny's shoulder.