Should I Stay?

"Ahhh!", i yelled in pain as the grey furred wolf scratched me from my shoulder to my palm. " Stop!", Randy said trying to fight her off. but not hurting her, i understood why, she was his mate, so he wouldn't hurt her. Before she backed off, she snapped at my leg, sinking her teeth in deep. I scream from the pain. " Lilly!", snapped Richard at the grey furred wolf then looked at me.

" Marisa.", Randy said coming over to me. He stooped until he was at eye level with me. My leg was covered in blood. "Are you ok?", he asked, i opened my mouth to answer, but i heard the grey furred she-wolf ( Lilly ) growl loudly. A shock of fear came over me and i pulled away from Randy and stood up, well, tried, i fell back down. The Beta, Richard came over to me and helped me up. " Everyone, shift!", he commanded the other wolves surrounding the clearing, and they went behind trees and came back in human form, the guy wearing pants only and the women wearing vests and shorts. I was now being held bridal style by Richard . " i can carry her.", Randy said to Richard, "I don't think that's a good idea, Lilly would try to attack her again, she seems really possessive.", Richard said looking behind Randy and there stood a beautiful black haired woman. She was Randy's mate, huh? She was very beautiful, i was nothing compared to her, a least to me.

"Hi.", Lilly greeted Randy, i, on the other hand received a death glare. I moaned in pain, my leg was killing me. " Com'on, we'll get Marisa to the pack doctor.", Richard said walking away with me . I blacked out after that.

Beep, Beep, Beep, I heard. I opened my eyes to a plain white room. " Hello?", I called as i got up. It was late in the afternoon, and from the digital watch that was on the table , it was still July 6th. My wounds were now completely healed, not even a scar. " are you ok?', my wolf asked me, " yeah, Are you?', i asked. " Yeah.", she answered, " Just sad about losing Randy.", she said, " Its ok, hes with his mate , he'll be ok.", i said, my wolf whimpered in my head loudly.

I headed over to the door and opened it to see Richard, " Hi. How are you feeling?", he asked, " Good, thank you.", i said with a slight bow of respect. "I'm glad. THere's a party tonight, the Alpha will be there, that's when you and your friend Randy will meet him. He will decide if you get to join the pack", Richard stated. " Ok., may i ask what the party is for?", i asked, " Oh, the Alpha turned 18 last month, but he had to go away for a while, so we're holding a party with all the members of the pack, we're hoping he'll find his mate, or other pack members would find thier's.",he explained.

" Wow, how many members does your pack have?", i asked, " About two thousand three hundred.", he said. " Wow.", i mumbled.He smiled, You're very interesting.", he said and i smiled back. " Com'on, i'll show you to the pack house, i'm sure you don't want to stay here in the pack's infirmary.", he said turning away and walking down the hall. " Thanks, the white rooms sort of freak me out.", i said with a chuckle while following him. He chuckled too.

" You're pretty young to be a beta, did you just get the position?', i asked as he was showing me through the pack house. " Yeah, i'm 18 and so is the Alpha. We got the titles a month ago.", he explained. " Oh, i'm the same age as you today.", i announced smiling. " Today's your birthday?", he asked. " It's just a day.", i said looking at the bracelet Randy gave me. " Just a day? Com'on, it's the day you were born.", he said. "Yeah, i know, but, what's the point of celebrating? I'm no one important.", i said, he sighed. " Well you will enjoy this one, the party tonight, think of it as a happy birthday.", he said. " Ok.", i said smiling, Richard was fun, he wasn't like most betas, he was easy to talk to and.... nice, you know?

" You can rest in here until the party.", he said opening the door to a guest room in the pack house. " Um.... ok.", i said, " There's a dress in the closet for you to wear tonight.", he informed me. "Ok, thank you.", i said and with that, the door closed and i was left alone. I didn't even need to ask where Randy was, he was with his mate, Lilly. I went into the shower and had a nice, long, hot shower. It felt good to feel warm water on my skin. I looked through the drawers and found shorts, a vest and underpants. " What are we gonna do without Randy?', my wolf asked me, " Well, we can run away and be rogues by ourselves.", i suggested. " Be alone?', she asked, " Yeah, it will be ok, we learned a lot from Randy, we can survive.", i said, " I guess you're right, we'll leave before the party.", she said and i agreed. I went on thebed and went to sleep, resting up to make my escape.

Light music started playing and that was my sign to leave. i put back on my original clothes, " whispered ' Bye', and jumped out of the window, landing firmly on my feet. I ran across the patio unseen and was about to run into the forest. " Marisa?", Randy's voice called, i stopped on my tracks. " Marisa, where are you going?', he asked walking up to me, " To the party, to meet the Alpha, where else?", i asked nervously. " You're lying, you were going to run away?", he asked. I sighed, " Yes, i was.", i admitted, " Why? Why would you not tell me? Why are you going?', he questioned. " Um.... i just... m... I'm sorry, i just have ...... to go.", i said, " Not alone. I'll come with you.", he said. " No. You need to stay here with your mate, with Lilly. I can survive on my own, you taught me how to.", i said, " Marisa, no, i don't want you getting hurt.", he said.

" I won't, it'll be fine, i think i'll go find my mate."

' How do you know he's not here?"

" I'm not sure, but i doubt it, i mean, this pack is great, i just don't think it's my place to be right now.", i lied, truth was, i was sad, sad that i didn't have Randy anymore, i love him. " Try.", he said.

I thought about what he said and came to a decision, " Ok, it's just... you have a mate here, you know? You belong here, me, i'm not sure that i do, maybe i'm not supposed to be here." i said. " Just try it out, maybe you'll like it. Maybe you'll find your mate.", he said. I smiled, " Ok. And congrats on Lilly.", i said, " Thanks, and i'm sorry about her attacking you.", he said. " It's ok. Tell her i'd love to get to know her.", i said then went back to my room with Randy and changed as he went for Lilly. Afterwards, Richard escorted me to the party and the most amazing thing happened.

============================================================================

hi, please vote and comment and fan.