Chapter 14 - Rosaline

The airship stood proud in the middle of the landing deck. With its wings outstretched it seemed to take to take up most of the sky. The airship had been painted metallic blue and had the Royal Amitician logo embossed on the wings. There was something majestic and terrifying about the airship - it like an eagle.

Rosaline bounced up the stairs, her fingertips skimming the railing. There was a long white couch that was pressed against the far end corner. A buffet had been prepared for The Falcons. Cakes, sandwiches and champagne (non-alcoholic). The lighting gave the food a heavenly glow.

Rosaline followed Victoria into another room where twelve single beds lined the walls. The right hand side of the doorway was the King and Queen's suite and the other side of the doorway was the bathroom.

Victoria pushed her suitcase under a bed and sat on it. Other people filtered into the room but only to dump their luggage and go straight to the buffet.

"Why are there beds?" Rosaline asked.

"Because people don't like to sleep on the floor" Victoria said.

"They could've just got recliner seats" Rosaline argued.

"But this isn't an AIA craft. This is the royal family's personal airship" Victoria said. "You should be thankful you have a comfortable place to sleep. It's going to be a long flight".

Nicholas appeared at the doorway with an anxious look on his face.

"I take it you girls haven't heard the news?" he said.

Rosaline and Victoria shook their heads.

"They searched for Adelaide in the forest near the prison, but found nothing. That was really one of the few places she could've ran to in her injured state. They really don't know where else to look".

"Maybe they didn't search the forest properly" Rosaline suggested.

Nicholas's brow creased as he shook his head.

"Impossible. They were out there for days" he said.

"The AIA should change its motto from no situation is too dire to lousy at finding people" Victoria said dumping the rest of her luggage on her bed and marching out the room.

Rosaline found herself wandering through to the control room. Prince Casper sat behind the wheel. Ritchie sat next to him with a look of fascination on his small face. Ritchie could often be found in the front of the boat. He'd never been on an airship before. Rosaline herself felt excitement pulse through her.

Rosaline hurried back into the main room just as Casper's voice filtered through the intercom asking everyone to take their seats. As the craft ascended, Rosaline began to feel heavier and heavier, as if there was lead in her veins. A ringing sound stung her ears. She turned to Victoria, who looked just as pale.

"This feels strange" Rosaline said.

Victoria didn't say anything she just gritted her teeth and braced herself. Rosaline's ears popped and pain exploded across her temple. She gripped the armrests and lurched over. The airship shuddered and Rosaline fell off her seat.

"Rosaline!" Victoria exclaimed.

"I can't breathe. There's no oxygen. I can't breathe" Rosaline cried.

"Calm down. It's just the air pressure changing" Nicholas said.

Warmth rushed to Rosaline's cheeks. She knew what it is what, but had let the panic drown her. The last time she allowed that to happen – she nearly died. A few sniggers followed her humiliation, but Rosaline didn't stay to who it was. She ran across the room, threw open the door and shoved her head into a pillow.