Chapter 4

Liam’s POV

 I was relieved when it was over. I loved any gig, but I couldn’t wait until we were back doing our own performances. Free from any restrictions and left to our own antics. I’d dedicated the song to Varshitha like I’d promised. I wasn’t going to let some bitch of a sister make me break a promise.

“C’mon mate, loosen up. We’re going out tonight to celebrate being back in the states,” Harry says, slapping my back before his hand returns to the buttons on his shirt, barely in the room when he pulls it off.

“Where’re we going?” I ask, sitting down on the edge of his bed as he begins rooting through his suitcase for a different shirt.

“There’s a concert tonight at a club. Up and coming artist. A Jay-Z type. Seemed to be the type of music you’d like. Thought it might be something you’d be interested in.”

“Yea, actually that sounds really cool.”

“Great,” he says with a grin as he pulls on a black t-shirt. “Now go get changed, I’ll talk to Paul and convince him that it’s ok.” I slide off his bed and head back to my room, changing into a clean set of clothes.

When I’m ready to go, I meet Harry and Cal in the front lobby. Louis and Zayn were hanging out with their girlfriends and I’m not sure what Niall was doing, but he hadn’t wanted to come. We get to the club and we’re taken to the VIP section. There’s a pretty loud bass echoing throughout and the lights were dim. We weren’t 21, but we’re given drinks anyways while we wait for the main act to start. Perks of being an international pop star.

The guy comes out onto the stage and I turn away from Cal and Harry as I listen to him perform. He had a steady beat and the drinks were flowing freely. I was soon lost in the sway of the music and turned my attention to the crowd around him. It wasn’t really dancing music, but that didn’t stop the people from moving along. The regular area looked gross. Beer was being splashed out of cups and the sweaty crowd was tightly packed like sardines. My eyes land on one person in particular and my eyes widen as I realize it was Elodie. I watch as she throws back her head in laughter when one of the people next to her whispers something in her ear. She seemed different than earlier. The bitchiness was gone and she seemed so at ease with herself.  It was almost captivating to watch, until I remembered just how awful of a person she actually is. I finish my drink and set it down on the table beside me, letting my finger trace around the edge of the glass. My eyes are unfocused as I watch her move. How did she get out without security? I pull my eyes off her and look around the club as I pick up the new drink set in front of me, taking a sip. I smile against the glass as my eyes land on a guy in the corner. Looks like she wasn’t completely without security, although it didn’t seem like she realized someone else was here. A couple more minutes, and I’m able to pick out two more people who looked out of place here. I continue to watch her, unable to stop as she moves to the music. At some point, she looks up and I see her looking in the direction of one of the security. She whispers something to one of the people next to her and a couple seconds later I watch her slip through the crowd. I follow her with my eyes until she gets to the bathroom. I force myself to look away, not wasting my time watching a door as I turn back to Harry and Cal’s conversation. It’s not until the concert is nearly over that a commotion back on the floor catches my attention. The guards were pushing their way through the crowd, towards the bathroom. I search the crowds and I don’t see her and it hits me she must have escaped somehow. Why did she do things like that? What was the point of escaping security or making a fool of yourself in front of the paparazzi? That girl was crazy.

Elodie’s POV

I don’t know how they found me last night. All I wanted to do was listen to a concert and they couldn’t even let me do that alone. It drove me crazy, always being watched. I couldn’t give a fuck about cameras and stuff. They could follow me or watch me all they wanted. But the damn security detail. I often wished I’d been born to a different family. One not so involved in the political sphere. Back before he won the election there hadn’t been secret security, but I was always being watched in case someone wanted to harm the senator by hurting me. It was also a lot easier to escape unnoticed from our house back in New York than it was to escape the White House. I didn’t have to pay off maids or cooks to look the other way back then. I just had to go out my window and down the tree. But now…