Chapter 17

Elodie’s POV

“Fucking shit. That princess keeps following me ev—woah am I interrupting something?” I ask as I burst onto the One Direction bus to see Lauren straddling Shorty on the couch, pinning his arms above his head. Their laughter subsides as she releases him, and slides onto the couch next to him.

“No,” she says with a grin. “I was just proving a point.”

“Yea, I don’t even want to know what point that is,” I say, shaking my head.

“Nothing like that,” she laughs. “He just didn’t think I was strong enough to pin him.”

“Bro, girls are stronger than you think,” I say.

“You tricked me!” he protested. “You were saying I was hurting you.”

“Yea, we’re also smarter,” she says with a grin.

“Some of us,” I say with a frown, returning to the reason I’d burst into the room. “The princess shows up everywhere I am. Jesus Christ. I’ve resorted to hiding out on this bus because I can’t even go onto my own. What is her problem?”

“She’s trying to befriend you. Thinks if she does, then she’ll get in some newspapers whenever you guys go out clubbing.”

“The only thing that will be in the newspapers is her obituary if she doesn’t quit it,” I growl. Shorty chuckles as I flop down onto the couch across from them. “God it’s been so long since I’ve gone out,” I sigh, looking up at the ceiling.

“I’m taking it you’ll be going out tonight then?” Lauren asks and I quickly nod my head.

“For sure. If people are going out, you can bet I will also.”

“Elodie! There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you!” the Princess announces as she bursts into the room, instantly souring the atmosphere.

“Well you found me,” I say flatly.  “What can I do for your highness?”

“I‘m not royalty silly,” she titters. “I was wondering if you wanted to go get some dinner before the show?”

“Depends, are you going?”

“You’re so funny. Of course I would,” she laughs.

“Then I’ll pass,” I say, kicking my feet up on the table and pulling out my phone, hoping she’d get the hint and leave. But of course she doesn’t. Instead she just flops down next to me.

“Where’s Mr. Polite?” I ask, hoping maybe she’d go find him and leave me alone.

“Who?” she asks, her eyebrow furrowing in confusion.

“Mr. Responsibility? Muscles? Boy-toy?”

“She means Liam,” Lauren has to explain with a roll of her eyes when she still doesn’t get it.

“Ohhh,” she giggles. “He said there was a meeting he had to go to. Shouldn’t you be there Louis?”

“Oh um well…” Shorty says, trying to mask his surprise. “We’re only allowed an even number of people at meetings so we each sit out one at a time,” he lies. What a horrible lie. I shake my head, figuring she’s not going to buy it, but she nods her head as if she understands.

“Oh my god,” I mutter under my breath. “Well I’m going to go see how that meeting’s going.” I say standing up quickly. “They’re allowed one girl,” I say to little Miss Princess when she looks at me in confusion. I roll my eyes as soon as my back is turned to her. What an idiot. Soon I find myself opening the ‘Do Not Enter’ sign to the roof.