Chapter 42

Liam’s POV

I was whistling when I entered the dressing room the next morning. The boys look up, raising an eyebrow.

“How’s it going mate?” Zayn inquires.

“Yea, you seem happy,” Harry adds.

“Why?” Louis says bluntly.

“No reason,” I say, trying to act casual. “Can’t I just be happy?”

“Yea of course,” he says with a nod. “But not whistling happy. That’s not like you.” I press my lips together and shrug, trying to mask my grin. I feel like I’m under a microscope as they study me.

“FUCK” Harry suddenly shouts, causing everyone to jump. “I told you we should have made a bet!” he says, turning to Louis with a moan. Louis returns the look before looking back at me.

“Dammit, you’re right,” Louis swears.

“What are you goin on about?” Niall asks.

“You know… the bet…” Louis hedges. “The one that’s always made when someone starts dating someone new…”

“Leave the poor guy alone,” Lauren scolds from her spot on the couch, but everyone ignores her, too focused on me.

“You guys didn’t make the bet?” I ask doubtfully.

“There’s no way that they haven’t before today,” Zayn denies with a shake of his head, discussing my life as if I wasn’t even here.

“Hey! When do you think we would have started?” I ask, unnecessarily offended.

“So you did last night!” Louis accuses.

“You’ve been sleeping in her bunk for weeks. I thought it started ages ago,” Niall muses.

Right then, Lou and Elodie walk in with the clothes for tonights show.

“What started ages ago?” Elodie asks and I can feel my face heating up.

“I don’t think-” I start saying, hoping to either get the subject changed or for her to leave before the boys could get her into the conversation.

“Elodie! Just the person we were hoping to see!” Harry crows. “Tell us, do anything fun last night?” he asks with a cheeky grin.

“I suppose you could say that…” she says, glancing over at me, obviously unsure what was going on here.

“You and Liam… you…” he trails off, wriggling his eyebrows.

“Why do you care so much about other people’s sex lives?” she questions with the casualty that I wish I had. “Turning a little blue there Styles?” Louis lets out a bark of laughter and Harry, now embarrassed also, quickly tackles him to the ground.

“Sorry about them,” I say to her quietly as I take some of the clothes out of her hands and help her hang them up.

“Eh, it’s whatever,” she shrugs. “I’ve had people asking me things like that for years. At least with them I know it’s not going to end up in the papers.”

“They mean well. They’re good guys,” I try to tell her and she nods her head.

“I know, it doesn’t bother me,” she says with a shrug, flashing me a smile, finishing hanging up the clothes. “How did that conversation even come about?” she asks.

“Erm.. well…” I say feeling my cheeks begin to heat up. “I was… erm… whistling…” I tell her. She snorts, looking at me disbelievingly.