Chapter 14

Liam’s POV

I didn’t end up seeing her the next day. Actually, for the next 5 days, I didn’t see her for more than an hour total. We were rushed from interview to shows back to the bus and on the way to the next place. We didn’t even stay at hotels. The few free moments I did seem to have, when I would try and go over to the other bus, she wasn’t there. She’d be on the Aussie’s bus doing schoolwork. Or at least, knowing her, pretending to do work. People seemed to think that, on tour, you were constantly around everyone, but that’s not the case. Besides the boys and Lou, I wasn’t guaranteed to see anyone every day. There’d even been days I wouldn’t see Paul because he’d be off doing some other things and we’d have our other security with us.

Finally though, I head onto their bus after a concert instead of going back onto mine. I wanted a chance to see how she was doing. If she was beginning to adjust to tour life.

“I wouldn’t go back there if I was you,” Lou warns when I begin heading back towards the bunks. She wasn’t out in the main area when I’d gotten on so I figured I’d check to see if she was awake in her bunk. “She’s not feeling well.”

“What’s wrong?” I ask, glancing back at the bunks.

“Not sure, but Liz sent her back during class time.”

“Are you sure she’s not faking to get out of work?” I ask, lowering my voice incase she was still awake. Lou shakes her head.

“Apparently she threw up so she’s either actually sick, or the best faker I’ve seen.” I give a small nod before turning back to the closed door leading to the beds. I push it open quietly, poking my head through.

“How are you feeling?” I ask, only receiving a groan in response. I follow the sound of pitiful moaning to one of the beds near the back. “Are you ok? Do you need anything?” I ask. There’s the sound of her rolling over.

“Go away,” she moans. I hesitate a moment before heading back out.

“She kicked you out also?” Lou notes. “She won’t let anyone near her. Wouldn’t even let Luxy bring her a cuppa.”

“Has she eaten?”

“Not that I know of. Unless she did while we were in the dressing room.”

I nod, heading to the cupboard, rifling through to see what they had on the bus. I can’t find a can of soup, but I manage to find some crackers. Those were supposed to be good for an upset stomach right? Either way, I make a cup of tea and head back into the bed area.

“Hey, I got you something to eat,” I say quietly to the curtain separating the bunks.

“Go away,” she moans again.

“C’mon, open up,” I persist, kneeling down so I’d be even with the bunk when she opened the curtain.

“No,” she says childishly. I sigh; pushing aside the curtain with a quick prayer she was clothed. She was, thankfully. But she looked awful. Her skin was pale, her hair a rats nest, and when she turned to face me I could see her eyes were bloodshot also.

“Here,” I say offering her the tea before she could say anything again. When she doesn’t take it, I hold it up to her lips. She presses her lips together, defiant even in her sickness, until I finally force her up into a sitting position. She reluctantly takes the cup at this point, leaning back against the back of the bed, too tired to even hold herself up. “Eat this also,” I add pulling out a couple of the crackers. “Don’t make me do the choo choo train,” I add when she makes no effort to take it. This gets her to crack a smile and she opens her mouth to be fed. I chuckle, scootching her over before climbing in next to her and popping a cracker into her mouth.