Chapter 46

Elodie’s POV

“What are you doing here?” I hiss, slamming the door shut after dragging him from the VIP section and into the back alley.

“I just came to check how you were doing… I heard about your dad…”

“Well I’m fine so if that’s all…” I say, feeling slightly annoyed that he’d tracked me down for this.

“And Liam?” I freeze as he mentions Liam.

“He’s not here is he?” I ask, my eyes flicking back towards the club part of me hoping he says he is.

“No,” he answers and I feel a pit drop in my stomach. Not that I should be surprised. He’d said he wasn’t going to and he was at least as stubborn as I am.

“Good,” I reply instead. “He wouldn’t fit in here anyways.”

“Elodie..”

“Save it Michael,” I snap, cutting him off. “I don’t know how you found me or what you were hoping to achieve by coming here, but whatever it is, it’s not going to work so you might as well leave,” I add, brushing past him to go inside.

“I wasn’t trying to achieve anything,” he says, grabbing my arm to stop me. “I just thought you could use a friend.” The laughter that escapes my lips is harsher than I’d anticipated.

“Yea. Sure,” I reply sarcastically. “You were just hoping I’d have rebound sex with you.”

“Will you just get over yourself?” he replies, sounding genuinely angry. “Do you even hear yourself? Oh my god, I’m just so cool. Everyone wants to fuck me,” he says, his voice turning mocking. “Did you ever think that maybe some people just genuinely care about your well-being?” he questions. “Me, Lauren, Lou, Liam, your family… Do you think these people here give two shits about you?” he asks, gesturing to the club we were just in. “I saw the way that guy was acting. He just wanted a chance to say he fucked the president’s daughter. Don’t for one moment think he cared about you at all. Christ Elodie, when will you get it through that thick skull of yours that you deserve better than this? You ARE better than this. You are not this person anymore.” I’m speechless when he finally finishes speaking. Panting from the anger his rant took. He just shakes his head in disgust when I don’t respond. “It was obviously pointless of me to come here. If you ever realize you’re above all this shit, you know how to contact me,” he says, finally releasing my arm and walking past me back into the club. It felt weird being the one left behind. Normally I would be the one to storm off. To leave the others behind.Being on the other end of the walking away didn’t feel good. When I finally do go back inside, I look around for Michael but he is long gone.

“Hey, where’d you disappear to,” Fingers asks leeringly, far intruding my bubble space.

“Nowhere,” I mutter, stepping back to create space between us. “I think I’m going to go.”

“Aww don’t be like that baby. I thought we could have a little fun,” he breathes, intruding on my personal space again. I’d had enough at this point and with a quick grab and twist, I have him groaning, clutching his groin.

“Let me say this in a way you’ll understand,” I whisper into his ear. “I am not one of your little whores. I am not going to ever fuck you and if you so much as breathe in my direction again, I’ll castrate you. Got it?” I ask, pushing him back.

“Bitch,” I hear him call as I head towards the exit. I don’t even bother looking back as I flip him off over my shoulder and walk out the door. When I step outside, I have to put up a hand to avoid being blinded by the paps camped out there. But soon I’m in a taxi headed back to the apartment. I don’t bother to text my friend I left. I doubt she’d even notice or that she’d even come back home tonight for that matter. The last two nights she’d staggered in at 8 in the morning in the night before’s clothes. I find myself packing my stuff before I even realize what I’m doing, Michaels words swirling around my head. I had changed. As much as I hated to admit it, I couldn’t live this kind of life any longer. One without giving a shit. Or trying. Ever since it had happened, I’d purposely failed. Because at least then I had control of it. If I tried and failed, that would mean losing control. Actually failing. But I had to do it. I had made friends and found people who had cared. I couldn’t fail them also.