Chapter 16

Liam’s POV

“LEEYUM!” she cries before propelling herself at me. I barely have time to open my arms to catch her before she’s barreled into me.  “I got here about half way through, but your guards took forever letting me through,” she pouts. “I missed most of the show.”

“That’s alright,” I say, still surprised by her sudden appearance. I glance at the boys in the room, seeing them trying to mask a roll of their eyes or a frown. “We’ll have another tomorrow.”

“Yay!” she cheers, releasing me and clapping her hands with a bounce.  “So can we go clubbing tonight? We haven’t gone in ages and I want to wear that really cute dress you got for me. I haven’t had a chance to show it off since you left,”

“Can’t tonight. We’ve got to drive to the next venue.” I say, seeing her bottom lip move out in a pout. “Tomorrow,” I promise instantly. “We’ll be in Pennsylvania for 2 days.”

“And then New York right?” she chirps enthusiastically. “Yay shopping!” she cheers when I nod my head. Louis lets out a snort and I look over at him to see his back to us, Lauren curled up on his lap and his head buried in her neck. He’d obviously been listening. Melanie sees me looking to the side and turns to see them also. “Lauren!” she cheers. Lauren looks up, but not at Melissa. Instead she looks at me, raising an eyebrow as if to ask what she’s doing here. “How’s your brother? Have you talked to him recently? He should meet us on tour while I’m here,” she continues, oblivious to the obvious disdain.

“He’s busy,” Lauren replies flatly, finally looking over at Melissa.

“Aww c’mon, it’d be fun!” Melissa pouts. Lauren just rolls her eyes, returning her attention back to her boyfriend. Tonight seemed particularly difficult for her and I doubted Melissa was making things any better.

“Why don’t we go out to the bus,” I tell her, putting a hand on her arm to encourage her to head out. She breaks out into a grin, nodding her head.

“I’ve never been on a tour bus before!” she says excitedly. I let out a breath, glancing back at Louis and Lauren as we head out. In the parking lot, we see Niall and Harry kicking around a football and Zayn off to the side, sitting next to Elodie.“Harry!” Melissa calls excitedly when she spies them, running over to give him a hug. I see him roll his eyes when she throws her arms around him, but he wraps his arms around her anyways, returning the hug. When she releases him and goes to hug Niall, an ‘accidental’ bad kick sends the football flying and Niall quickly goes to get it, leaving her standing midway to him. It doesn’t deter her though and she turns her attention to Zayn and Elodie who were trying to make an escape to the buses.

“Zayn!” she says, heading over and hugging him.

“Hi Melissa,” he says flatly, his hands remaining at his sides.

“And you’re Elodie! I recognize you from the papers,” she says going to hug her. Arms crossed and standing stiff, she doesn’t make it easy for Melissa. She looks over Melissa’s shoulder as she’s hugged, looking at me and raising an eyebrow. I can practically hear the thoughts she was sending me asking who the hell this girl hugging her was.

“And who the hell are you?” Elodie asks, confirming what I assumed she’d been thinking.

“Oh don’t be silly, I’m Melissa. I’m sure Liam’s told you all about me,” she giggles. I wince as Elodie looks back at me, raising an eyebrow.

“Why don’t you head on in the bus and check it out?” I suggest to her, heading over to the three, seeing Louis and Lauren appear in the parking lot. “I’ll be in in a bit.”