Chapter 24

Elodie’s POV

Yes, I know punching someone is bad. But did she deserve it? Hell fucking yea. There’s being a bitch, and then there’s acting like someone’s life is lesser than yours. I could’ve tolerated her for the three days if she was simply a bitch, but no, she crossed the line. Zayn had been so excited for them to come and Melissa had almost ruined it for all of them. I couldn’t believe my luck though. Paul had essentially pardoned me for what I’d done. It seemed like everyone was sick of her. Granted, I had to do the workouts for the next two weeks which would be a bitch, but I was hoping they wouldn’t be as difficult as that one time he’d had me killing myself. Maddie and I watched a movie while the boys were busy with soundcheck and the meet and greet. Lauren and Ed were talking and Emily’s mom was holding Lux as she talked with Lou. Once the boys got back from the meet and greet, Emily’s mom and sister went to take their seats to watch the Aussies open while Lou and I made sure the boys were ready to go. I got the chance to talk to Ed a bit more and I could definitely see why Lauren liked him so much. He didn’t give a shit about much and liked to have a good time. As the boys took the stage, I headed out the back and back to the tour bus like usual. I don’t know if it was the fight, or what, but I really needed a drink, so I dig around in one of the cabinets until I find a nearly full bottle of wine some of the others had been drinking the previous night. I pull the cork out and take a swig as I head back to the bunks and open my computer, pulling up netflix. By the time I hear people entering the bus, I’m mildly tipsy.

“Yooo,” Mr Polite says, as he knocks on the doorframe. “What are you doing?” I hold up the bottle in response with a grin.

“Care to join? Or does Mr Responsibility have work to do?” I tease. He chuckles, walking over to take a seat on the edge of my bed, taking the bottle I offer. He takes a pull, crinkling his nose at the tast.

“Christ what is this?” he asks as he looks at the label.

“Well sorry. Not all of us buy 300 dollar bottles of alcohol,” I reply, taking it back and taking another drink myself.

“Well next time, you should just come to our bus,” he says with a laugh, taking the bottle from me and grimacing again as he takes a drink. I lean back with a laugh, hitting the spacebar to unpause the video. He takes another drink before laying down against the headboard to watch with me.

“The Notebook?” he asks with a chuckle. “Really?”

“Shut the fuck up. You know its my favorite movie. I told you that already. Asshole,” I say shoving him slightly.

“I know, but wine, a sad romantic movie, you’re not on your period are you?” he asks.

“Fuck you, no I’m not.” I say with a laugh, surprised he’d even had the balls to ask. He laughs, taking another drink before I pull the bottle from his grip to take a drink myself. “Who’s out there?” I whisper, nodding in the direction of the main room.

“No one,” he whispers back. “Tom,’s with Harry, Lou and Lux are with Caroline and Brooklyn, and I don’t know where the rest went”

“Good,” I say definitively. “I don’t like people,”

“I’ve noticed,” he chuckles taking a drink.

“Shit, are you going to finish the rest of that?” I ask, pulling the now almost empty bottle from him so I can take a sip. “I’m sorry about Melissa,” I add, handing the bottle back to him.

“No you’re not,” he laughs.

“You’re right,” I agree with a cheeky smile. “She was a bitch.” He doesn’t say anything, but gives a tiny nod as he takes another drink.

“I told her we needed a break,” he adds.

“Yea?” I ask raising an eyebrow as he meets my gaze.

“Yea,” he confirms.

“Wow, Mr Polite dumping his girlfriend after she got punched in the eye,” I joke.

“Shut up Miss Party Animal. You’re not perfect either. You’re the one that punched her,” he says with a laugh.

“Damn right,” I reply with a proud grin, as I try to take the bottle from his hand.

“Heyy” he whines. “There’s only one sip left!”

“Exactly, and it’s mine,” I say with a grin, tugging harder on the bottle.

‘“Uh uh, you’re not getting your way this time,” he teases. I narrow my eyes, a competitive grin appearing on my face as I straddle his lap to get a better angle to pull the bottle with. He lets out a laugh easily pulling the lip of the bottle closer to him. Damn him and his muscles. I pull as hard as I can, locking my arms, but that just results in me getting pulled down against his chest. The bottle was stuck between the two of us and if there’d been any more than the little in there, it’d have spilled all over him and the bed. I narrow my eyes at him and he copies my expression with a smirk. We stay in a deadlock for a couple seconds, all I can see is that fucking smirk. I can feel his abs constrict under me as his head suddenly lifts up and he presses his lips to mine. The surprise causes me to lean back, but he follows me up so our lips don’t detach until he’s sitting straight up. That’s when it clicks through the drunken haze what’s going on and I find myself kissing him back. It’s not until I feel his hands on my neck and waist do I realize I’m still holding the bottle and I quickly let go, letting it tumble to the floor as I wrap my arms around his neck. We pull back, out of breath, and it’s a race to get our shirts off as he fumbles with buttons on his and I pull mine over my head. Once mine is off, I start getting impatient with his slow progress and start unbuttoning from the top until we meet in the middle and his arms start flailing as he throws it off, quickly followed by his undershirt. The moment that leaves his hands, he takes ahold of my waist and flips me over so he’s hovering above me before pressing his lips back to mine. I hear the laptop fall down the side of the bunk with a thump, but I don’t really care. God damn his body was like a greek god’s. I couldn’t help run my hands over his abs as my hands drop lower to his belt buckle. He really was beyond beautiful. He lets out a groan as I tug them down and he kicks them free.

“Fuck,” he mutters against my lips as he works on my jeans button. “Are you sure you want to do this? My hands freeze on his waist and my eyes fly open as he presses kisses down my neck. Had anyone actually asked me that before?

“No,” I surprise myself by saying. He must have been expecting a yes, because he wasn’t really listening. “No, stop.” I repeat.

“What?” he asks, finally hearing what I’m saying, the confusion etched on his face.

“Stop” I say louder. “Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop” I continue, beginning to verge on a panic attack.

“Ok, ok,” he says hastily, sitting up and holding his hands up in surrender as I grab the blanket and cover myself. “What’s wrong?

“Get out.”

“What?”

“GET OUT!” I shout and he scrambles off the bed, almost falling over as he does so.

“Where am I supposed to go?” he asks, looking quite the sight standing in the doorframe in only his boxers with his jeans and shirt in his arms.

“Just leave me alone,” I say feeling tears well up in my eyes and I begin to shake. He looks like he wants to say something, but decides against it and he presses his lips together and gives a short nod before closing the door behind him. The room goes dark and I turn on my side, curling up small as I try to keep the tears from slipping out. The bus must have stopped sometime in the night because when I wake up in the morning, he’s disappeared and all I see is Paul telling me it’s time to workout.