Chapter 36

I layed on my bed while I had music playing. I layed there trying to relax. There's too much going on, and too much to think about.

I'm still shocked that Chris is Sara's father. And bringing Margaret to see her wasn't a good idea according to Zayn. I haven't talked to him since our debate two days ago.

How can he blame me? He could've easily told me about this months ago but he seems to have a problem with telling the truth. It's hard to trust him if he keeps things from me. I wonder if there's anything else he's hiding.

I heard some banging coming from downstairs and shot up from my laying position. I looked out the window and didn't see Dad or Tyler's car in the driveway.

There was more noice and heavy footsteps. I quickly went for my phone and scrolled for Zayn's number.

After a few rings he picked up with a sigh.

"Yeah?"

"Zayn. There's someone in my house."

"Where are you?"

"I'm in my room and they're downstairs."

"Lock the door. I'll be there soon." He then hung up.

I went to lock the door but then I noticed it was quiet. No more footsteps, nothing. Maybe they left.

I opened my door just a crack and peeked out into the hallway. It was empty. I walked out into the hallway and slowly walked down the stairs and into the living room. There was no one. I went to the kitchen and there was nothing except and shattered plate on the floor. After cleaning up the mess there was a knock at the door. Zayn.

I turned around to go get the door but was startled by a man standing in front of me. I screamed as he quickly grabbed me and struggled to keep me still. I continued to kick and scream, trying to break free.

"Emily?" I heard Zayn say from the other side of the door.

"Zayn!" I streaked.

I heard banging and then the door flew open and Zayn quickly rushed in.

"Emily!"

But then it all went black.

***

Why are they always knocking me out? Ouch.

I slowly opened my eyes. I was laying on a cold, damp floor in a dark room. The room was empty except one chair that was placed in the middle of the room in front of me.

The door opened and Chris walked in, taking a seat on the chair.

"Tie her up."

A man came in and held me still as he tied my hands behind my back then walked out.

Chris only stared at me for a few minutes before opening his mouth to speak.

"So you put the pieces together, hmm?"

I didn't answer.

"And you had Margaret meet Sara." He chuckled. "What did you think would happen? Well, obviously Sara came to me and told me about that. That wasn't very wise of you, Emily."

"What do you want?"

"This entire situation as become out of control, more trouble than it needs to be. I only wish to end it."

After I didn't say anything he sighed.

"Bring her in," he said loud enough for someone outside to hear.

The door opened once again and a man brought Margaret in and threw her on the floor beside me.

"Emily!" She exclaimed. She then looked around the room and saw Chris sitting in the chair.