Chapter 9

I walked into the cafeteria, picked up my tray of food, and sat with the group. They were all talking together when I sat down. I looked around the table and noticed that Tyler wasn't here.

"Hey Em," they greeted me.

"Hey," I smiled and started eating.

"Are you going the party tonight?" El asked me. I looked up from my tray and gave her a confused look. What party?

"What?"

"There's a party tonight, you going?" she asked again.

"Uh, I don't know," I said unsurely.

"Oh come on it'll be fun," she exclaimed. Now everyone's eyes were on me. I'm not sure about this though. I've never been to a party. Not the kind that's happening tonight anyway. I've only been to family gatherings that we decided to call parties.

I just shrugged and filled my mouth with more food.

"We're all going to be there," Danielle tried to reassure.

"I've never been to a party before," I whispered shyly, hoping that they didn't hear me. But they did.

"What? What do you mean you've never been to a party?" Louis exclaimed.

"I mean exactly what I said," I replied.

"How have you never been?" he questioned.

"My parents never allowed it, and I don't like those type of parties anyway." What's so special about drunk, sweaty bodies everywhere?

"You have to live a little," Louis smiled. I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

"It won't be so bad," Niall said from the other side of the table.

"Fine I'll go," I surrendered realizing that they wouldn't stop until I agreed to go.

"Yay," they all exclaimed. I rolled my eyes again and shook my head.

"Did you ask Tyler yet?" I asked them.

"No, we're going to ask him when he gets here," Liam answered. A few minutes later Tyler walked in, got his food, and sat next to Louis, across from me.

"Hey guys," Tyler greeted.

"Hey Ty, are you going to the party tonight?" Lou asked him.

"What party?" Tyler asked with a confused look.

"There's a party tonight, you going?" Lou asked him the same thing El asked me.

"Uh, sure," he shrugged. Wait, what?

"That was easy," Danielle mumbled, but we all heard her.

"I thought we were going to have to convince you like we had to with Em," Liam told him.

"Wait, you're going?" Tyler asked looking at me.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"No you're not," Tyler shook his head.

"Why not?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Do you know what happens at these kind of parties?"

"Yes I do," I said proudly.

"I don't think you do," he fought back.

"And how would you know what they're like?"

"Because I actually been to them before," he smirked. My eyes widened and I stared at him. He's been to parties?

"What? When?"

"Sometimes when I said that I was going over to a friend's house, I was actually going to a party," he shrugged. You learn new things everyday.