Chapter 3

It's been a week since my first day of school, and I have done my best to avoid Zayn and his friends. It's kind of hard when he's always looking at me when I'm around. It's creepy if you ask me. Anyway, Tyler and I are good friends of are group now. Eleanor is in one of my classes so that's a plus.

They're really good friends and I've learned each of their roles in our group. Liam is the responsible one, Danielle is the quiet one, Niall's the loud one, Louis is the funny and sassy one, and Eleanor is just like Louis but not as much. They are a very funny couple though.

Right now it's once again Monday and I'm getting ready for school. I've already showered so I grab another pair of black skinny jeans and a white long sleeve shirt. I quickly put them on then grab my brush and start brushing out the knots in my hair. I look in the mirror when I'm done and choose to keep my hair down like it is, but I grab a hair tie in case I change my mind.

"Are you ready yet?" I hear Tyler yell from down stairs.

"Yeah, just give me a minute!"

I grab my black converse and tie them on my feet before grabbing my phone and running down stairs. When I get down there Tyler hands me a sandwhich and pushes me toward the door.

"We're going to be late because of you," he tells me

"So? I don't mind missing my first class," I say. There's two reasons why I don't mind. 1) I really just don't care at all, and 2) Zayn is in my first class. We walk out the door and get in his car. He starts the car and quickly makes his way to school.

He parks the car in one of the student parking spots and once we both get out of the car the bell rings. We rush into the school and say bye to each other before running to our classes. I run up to my classroom and take a deep breath before walking in. "Your late Ms. Peterson" is the first thing that Mr. Williams says to me.

"I know," I reply.

"Why are you late?"

"Um, I-" I stuttered trying to come up with a good excuse. "I woke up late," I finally say. To be honest, I don't know why I'm late.

He sighed, "Okay, take a seat." I nod and sit in my seat which was in front of Zayn's desk. But I notice that when I go to sit down he's not here. Where is he? Never mind, I shouldn't care anyways.

But I can't help but to be curious as to where he could be. Maybe he woke up late? Or maybe he just doesn't want to come? What if he's with Sara? As I think of all the possible things that Sara and Zayn could be doing, I get a very uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it. I feel like I might puke.

I shake my head trying to get rid of those nauseating thoughts and try to focus on whatever Mr. Williams is saying. I find really hard to pay attention though. And I find myself thinking about Zayn all throughout class.

***

I'm on my way to history class after finishing my other two classes after english. It's not the same history class that Tyler's in though, our history classes are at different times. I still haven't seen Zayn anywhere yet, and I'm still trying to get him off my mind. So far I'm failing.

I walk over to my locker and open it, putting my books I don't need inside and taking my history textbook out. I hate carrying this book though because it's so big and heavy. I don't think that there's any part of history that's missing from this book. I close my locker and start walking to my class.

As I'm walking down the hallway I have the feeling that I'm being watched. I stop walking and look around to see if the feeling I'm having is correct. I continue looking until my eyes find a pair of chocolate brown ones staring back at me. Zayn smirks when he sees that he's been caught then turns around and walks away. What was that? He's been doing things like that all week and it's freaking me out.