Chapter 4

(Tyler's POV)

I walk into my calculus class and sit in the third row next to Julie. Julie is the girl that I kind of been crushing on. She smiles when she sees me and I smile back while sitting down. Mrs. Jefferson, the teacher, soon walks in and sits behind her desk placing a stack of papers on top of it. She starts talking about different math equations and how to solve them. I already know how to solve all of the problems she's writing on the board so I don't pay close attention. I'm not trying to brag, but I'm very good at math.

I write down the problems and solve them anyway just so it looks like I'm doing something. The rest of class goes on like this.

"These are work sheets that you will have to finish and hand in tomorrow," Mrs. Jefferson tells the class. This will be easy. "Come to myself or Julie if you need any help." When she stops talking the bell rings and I have a great idea. Julie is the teacher's assistant so that's why she helps students with their work. Everyone grabs the work sheet on their way out and I stand by the door waiting for Julie.

"Hey Julie, can you um, help me with this," I asks holding up the papers.

"Sure, we can start on it now if you'd like," she agrees. Yes!

"Yeah, okay, sure we can start now." Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. I'm going to embarrass myself the whole time! Well I can't back out now.

"C'mon we can work in the library," she says walking down the hallway towards the library. I open the door for her when we get to the library, she thanks me then finds a table for us to work at. We both sit down and I look around the library realizing that this is my first time in here.

"Okay let's get started," she says. The whole time I just watch her as she explains what to do. I nod a few times but mostly just stare at her as she talks. I watch how her lips move with every word she says and listen to how graceful her voice sounds. A piece of her hair falls out of her ponytail and in her face. Before she can push it away I lean forward, not thinking clearly as I tucked her hair behind her ear. Our eyes locked together as I slowly brush my hand against her cheek, pushing her hair away. I slowly brought my hand back down and then realized what I did.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't-" I stuttered, embarrassed of what I did.

"No, it's fine really," she said. She had a slight blush on her cheeks but gave me a small smile.

"No I shouldn't have done that-" I was once again interrupted. She placed her hand on mine stopping me from finishing my sentence. I starred at her hand on mine feeling how warm it was.

"Tyler it's okay," I just nodded while I continued starring at her hand.

"Let's get back to work," she said slowly taking her hand off mine. Once her hand was gone my hand felt cold. I wanted to reach for her hand again and never let it go, but that would be to much. She went back to teaching me, and it surprisingly wasn't awkward between us.

***

I sat at our table in the cafeteria with the rest of the gang. Today we had sandwiches for lunch, they weren't very good either and I wasn't very hungry. But Niall thought differently.

"Are you going to eat that?" he asked me.

"No, do you want it?" He nodded then took the sandwich and started eating it. It's like his stomach is a bottomless pit, he just keeps eating. It's rare when he says he's full.

"So who was that girl you were with Tyler?" Louis asks, deciding to open his big mouth.

"Just a tutor," I replied trying not to say to much. How does he know I was with someone?