Chapter 11

I walked inside then closed the door behind me. I walked through the hall and heard footsteps coming downstairs.

Please don't be Dad.

Tyler came into view and I was more relived to see him than Dad. Tyler had an angry look on his face when he saw me. And I immediately became annoyed.

"Where were you?" he asked as he stood in front of me. Who does he think he is? Seriously, he acts like he's my parent.

I rolled my eyes and walked around him. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge for something to drink. I took out a water bottle and took a sip.

"Where's Dad?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"He's out with Margaret. And don't change the subject, where were you all night?" he repeated. How am I going to answer his question? I can't come up with a lie because nothing would work. I'll just ignore him.

I walked out of the kitchen without answering Tyler's questions. He walked behind me and turned me around.

"Why did you leave with Zayn? Why would you take his side? Why didn't you answer your phone? Why were you even at the party?" he bombarded me with more questions. I became angry at the ridiculous questions.

"Why wouldn't you let me go? Why would you punch Zayn? Why would I come back home with you? Why wouldn't I take his side?" I threw at him. "I have a right to go where ever I want! You can't stop me from doing anything! And you had no right to pick a fight with Zayn! He wasn't hurting me, he was helping me! I got drunk and he helped me!" I yelled at him.

"Help you? Why would he help you?" he then asked. Why did he help me?

"I don't know. Because for some reason he cares!"

"No he doesn't-"

"And how would you know that? Huh?" I cut him off.

"You hear what people say about him-" I cut him off again.

"Those are rumors! You can't believe everything people say! It's just a bunch of words going around!"

"You're so stubborn! He's not a good person Emily! He doesn't just help girls at parties. How do you know he didn't want something else?" he rose an eyebrow. I don't know that. What if he wanted to use me? What if he wanted something totally different than what I thought?

Wait, that's ridiculous because I slept at his apartment. He could've done anything he wanted to do to me and no one would've been able to stop him. He could've had his way with me, but he didn't.

"He didn't want anything else," I finally replied.

"And how do you know that?" Tyler asked with a mocking expression. Mind as well tell him where I was last night. I don't care what he thinks.

"Because I slept at his apartment last night. He brought me to his place after we left the party and I slept there," I told him confidently. Tyler's eyes widened but he quickly recovered.

"You're crazy," he mumbled. "Why would you sleep there?"

"Because there was no where else to go! And he was kind enough to bring me to his place." Tyler huffed and dragged his hands down his face.

"At least tell me you two didn't sleep in his bed," Tyler rolled his eyes. I gulped and glanced down then looked back up. Well I'm not going to tell him the truth about that.

"No. I slept on the couch," I lied. I think he still would've freaked out a little if I told him that I slept in Zayn's bed. Tyler sighed and nodded.