Chapter 28

Luke soon pulled into my driveway. I sighed as I undid my seatbelt.

"Thanks for the ride Luke," I said quietly and tried to form a smile.

"Yeah, no problem. Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.

We sat there for a few seconds more before I decided to finally get out of his car.

"Well, I should probably get going," I said and opened the door. I was about to step out when he grabbed my arm.

"Emily, wait."

I looked at him questionably, waiting for him to speak.

He glanced between my eyes and mouth as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Um," he mumbled.

He started leaning in when I realised what he was doing. I placed my hand on his shoulder and gently pushed him back when he got too close.

"Uh, Luke. I don't think-"

"Oh. Yeah, yeah. Of course, sorry."

"No, Luke. I mean-"

"You love Zayn. I get it."

I stopped and looked at him for a minute.

"W-What?"

"Emily, don't deny it," he chuckled. "You love him even if you won't admit it yet. And he loves you. So much."

I looked down at my lap and played with my fingers.

"What's the matter?"

"I just don't know what to do. I know he's dangerous and I'm safer if I stay away but it hurts to. But he kept so many secrets from me that I don't know if I can trust him."

"I understand. But he seems very determined in getting you back. Maybe you should give him a second chance."

"But I don't know if I can."

"Why not? What's stopping you?"

"I-," I stopped and thought about it. I really don't know what's holding me back. "I don't know," I replied and glaced at Luke.

"I've seen how he's been since you two broke up and it's not good. He barely sleeps and he's always drinking. He doesn't listen to Harry or anyone else and he's very...grumpy."

I didn't realize this was affecting him that much.

"Look, Emily. Zayn and I have known each other for a while now and before you showed up he was miserable. But then you came and it was such a drastic change for him. He was so much happier, everyone could see it. But he's not happy anymore because you're not there with him and I really don't want to see him miserable again."

I sighed and a single tear slowly rolled down my cheek.

"Just think about it, okay?" Luke asked.

I looked at him and nodded then leaned over and gave him a hug. I leaned back and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, Luke."

He only smiled and I returned it before exiting his car and closing the door.

I waved at him as I walked up to my door. He reversed out of the driveway and I watched as he drove away down the street. I searched for my keys and unlocked the door when I found them.

I stepped into the house and closed the door behind me when my phone started ringing.

I sighed, thinking it was Zayn but when I looked at it I saw it was Tyler.