"Here We Come...." (Chapter 21)

Last Year, I had a normal life. Good friends, good parents and went to a good school. All of that changed that day I met Daniel Simmons.

That day was August 18th, 2012. It was my first day of school as a senior. I rolled out of my bed and went to my dresser to  

pick out some clothes. I decided on my Chris Brown shirt and some blue jean shorts with some black Toms. I nodded to myself in my choice of clothes and went to the bathroom. I stepped into the shower and washed my hair, I hummed "Rude Boy" to myself until I heard a knock on my door. "What?!" I said with my eyes still closed.

"YN, If you don't hurry up, we gon' be late for school," my sister, Destiny, said banging on the door. She was a freshman at the same school as me. She was about 5'3" with chocolate skin, and curly black hair, like me. "Give me a couple more minutes!" I yelled through the door. She groaned and walked away. I continued to wash the soap out of my hair, a couple minutes later I stepped out and dried off. I straightened my hair and put on the clothes I picked out earlier. I rushed to get myself ready so I could leave. I ran downstairs to get a Pop Tart, hugged my momma and gave my dad a kiss on the cheek. They both smiled and wished us good luck. I had to drag Destiny to the car, since she was too busy texting. We were on our way to Jaguars High School, or JHS for short. I chewed on my Pop Tart, while Destiny blasted "Brown Skin Girl by Chris Brown."

"Hey you girl you a pretty brownin, call you my little brown skin.

Hey you girl say you making sing, sing like tinga a linga ling.

You a brown skin girl, brown skin gi-i-i-irl, brown skin girl, call you my little brown skin." she sang, forcing an accent on her voice. I reluctantly joined in with her.

"How she grinding, tryna keep me up, all up in the dance that's a what me love.

How she winding, and she back it up, all up in the dance that's a what me love."

We both smiled and looked to each other, still singing. After the song ended, we pulled up into JHS. We looked in the mirror to fix any mistakes, we found zero so we got out and headed to the front door. "Good luck," I whispered to Destiny. "You too, YN." she said smiling. I needed all the luck I could get. I nodded and opened the doors, going our separate ways. I got my schedule and scanned over it, not looking where I was headed, I accidentally bumped into somebody.

"Excuse you!" some girl said with a attitude. She looked me up and down with a stank look and rolled her eyes. This girl don't even intimidate me. She was bright skinned with some short black shorts, and a tight, red muscle shirt on. Showing a LOT of skin, with black heels."Oh my bad, I wasn't looking." I said.

"That's what you got eyes fah, use em." she said before she walked away, twisting HARD. Ugh, I hate people like that. I ignored that situation and went back to studying my schedule. Until I felt somebody over my shoulder, a voice popped up. "Looks like we got the same schedule," a smooth voice said behind me. "I'm Daniel Simmons, you?" he said sticking his hand out, smiling. I told him my first and last name and shook his hand, "Ima call you Diggy instead." He laughed and nodded. "Alright," he chuckled.

"Alright so," I said looking down to my schedule, "Looks like we got Algebra 1 first, let's go," I said pulling his arm down the hall. We walked around until we finally found "602 Algebra I." We all stood around and started to get to know more people, then the bell rang.

"Alright class, I'm Mr. Johnson and I'll be your Algebra 1 teacher for the rest of the year," he said smiling. He was a black man in his late 30s and a bald head. "So let's start this roll, um Ashley Banks?" A faint "here" was heard from the back. Mr. J. nodded and continued on. He finally got to my name, which was the last. "Ok, so Ima put y'all in ABC order by your last name. The whole class groaned. "Yeah yeah, I know." he said laughing at us.  

"You right here," he said pointing to Ashley. After he finished giving us seats, I was next to Diggy, and he was behind the girl who I bumped into. She turned around and gave him a kiss. Of course they goin' together, I said in my mind. She turned to me and gave me a smirk and turned back around. I looked a Diggy and just shrugged. I shook my head and turned my attention back to Mr. J. "These will be your permanent seats for the rest of the year." He said making the class cuss and groan even louder.

The rest of the day went by fast, good. Mostly all of my classes I was next to Diggy. That girl kept giving me looks everytime she saw me with Diggy, jealousy. I gave him my number during lunch, making her even more mad. The bell finally rang at 4:30 and everyone rushed out. I met up with Destiny to see her giving her number to some girls and a boy. She gave them all hugs and ran to the car. "Ooooh who's that boy?" I said starting up the car. "Nobody shoot, all up in my business." I hit her upside the head and drove off. We made it home and watched TV until momma and daddy came back. I ordered some pizza for me and Destiny. A couple minutes later the bell rang, and I was surprised by who it was. Diggy.

"Oh hey YN, this gon be $14.85." I went to the jar where we put all money. 

"Shoot, all I got is $12," I said to Diggy. "It's iight, I'll take care of it," he said with a smile.  

I gave him the money and hugged his neck, "Thank you soooo much, I'll pay you back tomorrow." 

"No need, it's a favor." he said walking back to his car.  

"See you tomorrow," I yelled to him, making him nod and smile.  

"Finally, the pizza here, I'm starvin," Des said rubbin her stomach.  

"Here with yo greedy self." I opened the box and pulled out 2 pepperoni and 2 hamburger slices.

After we finished eating all the pizza, we washed the dishes and sat down on our phones. I got a text from a unknown number.

"Hey YN, wyd :)?" the person sent.

"Uhhh Diggy? o.o" I replied

"Yeah wassup? I put is name in my phone as "Diggy ^_^" and replied back.

"Oh nothin just bored wby?"

"Nothin, bout to get off work and go home, you doin somethin this weekend?"

I hesitated at the question, knowing how his girl is. If I said yeah he'd be sad.

"Nope, why?" I sent back, not worried about what would happen.

"I wanted to take you out." he sent followed by "As friends."

"I'd love to ^_^ but I'm sleepy so ttyl."

"Iight bye :)"

11:30 p.m.

I locked my phone and my parents walked in from work. "Heyyyyy" everybody said to each other. "So how was school?" my momma said putting her purse down.  

"Good," me and Des said at the same time.  

"Good," my daddy added in. 

"Ima go to my room and go to sleep, I'm tired." I said headed up the stairs. 

"Alright good night," they said.

I felt a vibration in my pockets, I got a text from Diggy. "Stay away from MY man!" it said. Ugh, it was her.  

"We just friends, nothin more," I sent back.

"Mhmmm I'm watchin you -.- >_>" I rolled over and went to sleep, tomorrow gon be a looong day.  

___________________________ 

Author's Note ^_^ ♡

I decided to add on to the original story cause I love working on this one instead. :) so I hope y'all like it. I'll be posting longer chapters too so it will take a while ^_^

Stay Mindless and Be Breezy ♡