Chapter 22: Orphanage

Tao's POV

I sighed and sat in the car. Kris forgot something in his locker so he ran back to get it.

I heard his phone buzz and I picked it up. His mom was calling.

"Hello!" I said cheerfully. It's been a while since I talked to Subin.

"Oh Tao! I didn't expect you to answer. Anyway can you tell Kris he needs to go down to the orphanage. I promised would send someone down to handle the donations."

"Okay" I said excited.

"How are you?"

"Good."

"I heard you went to China."
"Yea. My grandfather wanted to talk to me.....Subin I have to go. Kris is back."

She said goodbye and I hung up right when Kris sat in the car.

"Who was that?" He said while starting the car.

"Your mom. She said you had to go down to an orphanage."

Kris's eyes widened, "Oh shit. I completely forgot."

"Well let's go! I want to meet some kids."

Kris chuckled and started driving.

We arrived at the place ten minutes later.  Kris pulled out some papers and I ran to the door.

He smiled as he followed me up the stairs.  I walked inside to the main lobby and the woman at the desk immediately stood up and bowed to us.

"Welcome Master Wu. You are too generous, making this deal with us."
Kris shook his head, "It's nothing. Tao here would like to meet the kids while we talk. Is that okay?"

The woman lit up, "Definitely, unfortunately they all went out on a day trip except BeiBei....she stayed back because she was sick last night."

@ the Ppl who get where Beibei is from.....you the MVP

I smiled, "Can I meet her? Please?!"
The woman laughed and nodded. She promptly disappeared up a flight of stairs before coming back down with little footsteps following her.

A little girl with pigtails and a cute white dress peeped at us from behind the caretaker.

I smiled at her and waved.
BeiBei giggled and hid her face in the caretaker's skirt.

"BeiBei....come here." I said opening my arms.

Beibei slowly made her way to me.
"My name is Tao."
She smiled a bit and waved.

I grinned and picked her up. I walked to Kris who was finishing up with the caretaker.

"Kris! Look!"

Kris turned and immediately smiled when he saw Bebei and me.

"She's adorable Taozi." He said tickling her stomach.

I laughed as Beibei giggled and hid her face in my shoulder.

The caretaker smiled, "She's taken a great liking to you Master Huang."

My eyes widened, "No no. Please call me Tao."
The woman nodded and bowed.

Beibei ran her fingers through my hair. "Tao can we go see the lake!"