Chapter 4: Stares and Whispers

The picture is Kris's car 

 Tao's POV

I grabbed a piece of toast before rushing downstairs. I walked out of the building to see a silver sports car pull up. I could see Kris behind the steering wheel.
I got in quickly and he frowned, "Out...throw that out. You'll get crumbs everywhere."

I looked at him confused. He took my hand and yanked my toast out of it and tossed it out the window.
"HEY! My toa...."
I stopped when I saw him looking at me with a stern expression. I pouted and crossed my arms.

"God damn you weren't kidding. He's as cute as a button."

I screamed (in a non manly way unfortunately) when I heard a voice come from the back. I turned around quickly to find a boy sitting with his tie loosened and his hair disheveled. He had tanner skin then most people and I could guess he was popular with the ladies.

"I'm Kai.."
Kai wasn't able to get through the rest of his introduction due to the fact that I turned around and threw my water bottle at him.
"Ow what the fuck."
He shouted rubbing his arm where the water bottle hit him.

"That was for making Soo hyung cry you stupid butt."

"Tao...." Kris said with a warning tone.

I pouted again and turned to face forward again.

"Hey how do you know Kyungie?"

I turned around again and Kai flinched, "AH IM SORRY DON'T THROW STUFF AT ME. I'M DELICATE."

Kris let out a loud laugh and I glared at Kai, "Don't you dare call Soo hyung that."

The ride to school was silent but I was still angry. Very angry.

We got out of the car ignoring all the attention we were getting.
I noticed Kris not wearing a tie.

"Kris-ge, where's your tie? You know you can detention for it."

"In the car, and I don't care."

I grabbed his tie and walked up to him.
"Well I do. Because if you get detention then I have to get detention. Your mom told me to keep you out of trouble."

Kris sighed but let me put the tie on him.

I didn't realize how close I was to him until I felt his breath on my bangs.

"Awh look at you two lovebirds.....this is going in the Taoris scrapbook." Kai cooed.
I turned to see him taking pictures of us.

I quickly stepped away from Kris after finishing up and grabbed my backpack.
Kris smirked a little before grabbing his backpack and walking into school.

I followed silently...as usual. Kris walked into his classroom which ended up being the same as mine. Suho's eyes widened when he saw me enter with probably the richest and most spoiled kid in school. And not to mention Suho's brother too.

Kris put a hand on my shoulder, "Go sit with you friends but we are leaving during lunch.
I have a quick phone meeting for a half hour and I don't want to be at school. It's too god damn noisy."

I nodded and scampered to Suho.

"Tao? What are you doing with...them?"

Just then Kyungsoo pulled up a chair next to me and I saw Chanyeol and Baek enter together. Sehun was right behind them.

They all gathered to hear my explanation.

"My mom...has health issues and Kris's mom said if I worked as his personal assistant then my mom doesn't have to work and everything will be taken care of."

Suho frowned, "You know I'm more then happy to help. I have more money then I could ever need."
I shook my head, "No it's okay Hyung."

Kyungsoo frowned, "What's up with Kai. His arm seems bruised and he keeps rubbing it."

I laughed nervously, "Imayormaynothavethrownawaterbottleathim."
Kyungsoo's eyes widened, "Tao why the hell would you do that!?"

I shrugged, "I just got angry when you told me what he did and when he introduced himself as Kai I couldn't help it."
Kyungsoo let out a loud laugh and ruffled my hair, "You are definitely my favorite."

I heard four "HEY!"'s and I laughed.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Whatever, I don't need you. I have my Got7"

Chanyeol groaned, "Baekkie please no."

I raised an eyebrow, "What's wrong?"

Chanyeol rubbed his face, "Baek found a new game last night called Got7 shake or something like that and it's basically guitar hero with got7 songs and he's been playing it nonstop. I've listened to bad behavior at least 20 times."

Baekhyun frowned, "Are you saying you don't love me because of my love for Got7?"

Chanyeol's eyes widened,"What no! No I was...."

"I'm sorry Channie I can't help that Jackson is so hot or Mark is really adorable."
I laughed at Chanyeol's helpless expression on his face.

Suho ruffled Baekhyun's hair. Sehun tried to stop him but it was too late.

"KIM JOONMYUN
YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING LONG IT TOOK ME TO DO MY HAIR LIKE THIS. I JUST DON'T ROLL OUT OF BED LOOKING THIS GOOD...."

He got caught off by Chanyeol who tugged him into his lap and kissed him firmly.

Tao chuckled as the smaller boy relaxed in the arms of Chanyeol.
Suho rubbed his forehead, "I swear to god I'm going to get a headache from that kid."

Baek reached over and slapped the back of Suho's head while still kissing Chanyeol.

I let out a laugh and turned to the front of the room only to find Kai and Kris staring at us.

I glared at Kai who finally met my eyes and stiffened.
He quickly turned around, clearly scared of me.

Kyungsoo noticed and laughed.

He swung an arm around me, "My little panda...always protecting me."
He cooed while pinching my cheeks.
I pushed him away, "Soo hyung stooop."

Kyungsoo chuckled and quieted when the teacher walked into the room.

She looked at all of us and sighed, "Baekhyun for the love of God...get off of Chanyeol."

I turned to see Baek finally pull away from the taller boy and settle in his own seat.
Kyungsoo coughed to hide a laugh.

I turned to him, "How many times does she say that."

Kyungsoo giggled, "Almost every week."

I burst out laughing but quickly covered my mouth and managed to put in a straight face when the teacher turned around.

During lunch:

When the bell rang, Kris stood up immediately and left the room. The math teacher looked confused on why a student had just left without even getting the homework.

I slid over my desk and walked to the teacher, "I'll just take his sheet. Have a nice day Mrs. Jeon."

I raced out to the hallway to find Kris waiting by the front doors.

"Kris-ge, how about we stay on campus? I'll find us a quiet spot."

Kris looked at me for a couple of seconds before nodding.

I lead him to a tree in the meadow behind school.  A lot of kids come outside during lunch but most stay on the other side of the field where the soccer field and basketball courts are.I climbed the tree and sat there munching on my lunch as Kris leaned against the tree while talking on his phone.

I leaned my head back and rested it on the trunk. I tilted my head a bit to watch Kris.

The wind was blowing slightly and his orangish hair was getting messed up. But it looked better than ever.

His pinkish lips almost formed a pout as he continued arguing on the phone about some stupid stocks.

He talked with his body, his arms were moving and his hands were making gestures even though the other person on the phone couldn't see him.

My phone buzzed. I pulled it out only to find a text from an unknown number.

It was a picture of me fixing Kris's tie.

He was looking down at me, his mouth was straight but his eyes were smiling.

I was completely focused on his tie to notice that Kris was only about 6 inches away from in the that picture.

Another text came in.

Unknown number: Can I put this one in the scrapbook

Me: Kai you mother fucker...wait till I get my hands on you

Unknown number: what no I'm not Kai. Who's Kai?
I know he's the sexiest man alive but who's Kai.

Me: You are so lucky I can't leave Kris or else you'll be dead

Unknown number:
OOOOOOO YOU CAN'T LEAVE THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

Me: I swear to god...you have like 2 minutes to hide I'm coming for you

I felt someone pull on my leg.
I looked down to see Kris putting on his backpack.

"Come on. Let's go find Kai."

I smiled widely, "Yea. Let's go find that punk."

We walked through the school hallways and all we heard were whispers.

All we saw were stares.