Chapter 6: The day after

Tao's POV

I felt an unfamiliar warmth next to me but it was soothing. I sighed and turned over, slowly opening my eyes. My eyes widened when I saw where I was sleeping. My face was inches away from Kris's, his arm wrapped around my waist holding me close to him. My hands were pressed against his chest as I was curled into him.

I let out a scream and pushed Kris away which made him scream.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HOLDING ME LIKE THAT."

I screamed at him scrambling off the bed. Kris sat up and groaned. I might have pushed him off the bed.

"What the fuck are you doing in bed with me. When I said stay I meant like in that chair not in bed with me."

I resisted the urge to scream. "I waS IN THE CHAIR."

Kris just sighed and got up. He shook his head and ruffled his hair.

"What ever. Let's go down for breakfast."

I followed him angrily. How dare he hold me like that, while I was asleep and vulnerable.

But I couldn't help ignore the tingling feeling in my stomach when I was inches away from him. His eyelashes fluttered as he breathed in and out. His pinkish lips slightly open.

"Ow!" I rammed into the back of Kris. I was so lost in my own thought I didn't realize we were in the kitchen and he stopped walking.

"Watch it." He growled at me.

I shrunk back and jumped again when I heard his mom's voice.

"Kris! That's no way to thank someone for caring for you while you were drunk off your pretty little ass."

Kris pouted, "Mom! First of all no....Second of all, my ass is NOT small."

Subin chuckled, "Sweetie it's practically nonexistent."

I burst out laughing but tried to hide it as a cough.

Subin smirked, "So Kris...did you like cuddling with Tao."

Kris spit out the coffee he was drinking and choked a bit.

"So it was you!" I said.

She smiled innocently, "You looked so uncomfortable in that chair and I thought the bed was big enough. Who knew Kris would pull you into him."

I blushed and hid behind my hands.
Kris groaned, "Mooooooom."

Subin shushed him, "Oh quiet you big baby. Don't you have work today?"

Kris's eyes widened and he checked the clock. "Oh shit."

He raced to a shelf on the wall with a bunch of keys hanging off it it. He looked through all of them before picking out a key chain.

He tossed me it, "Here Tao. Drive yourself home. You have the day off."

I caught the keys as Kris zoomed off somewhere.

Subin stood up and examined the keys. Her eyes widened, "No way! There's no way he would have given you that one!"
I looked at her confused, " What do you mean?"

She led me to the huge garage where there were at least 8 sport cars and other expensive cars parked. She pointed at the farthest one. It was pitch black and had black tires.

"That's Kris's baby. It was his first car. He stopped driving it after he got a faster one but he never lets anyone touch it. Tao what did you do to my son?!" I shrugged.

She smiled, "Well keep doing it. My Yifan has been cold and distant from almost everyone since his father died. And I think you, Tao, are the key to getting my old Yifan back."