Progress

4 weeks later

Fang held a bottle of shampoo in his left hand and a towel was draped over his shoulder while he guided a limping Noah to the hot pools. He still couldn't move very fast but he was making excellent progress.

The northern alpha led the pup over to one of the shallow pools that the kids usually used. Ever since Noah had turned ten, he'd used the other pools but since he was hurt, his brothers had been adamant he use the little kids' pools.

Noah reached the edge of the pool and looked down into the water. He reached a paw out and he carefully tried to take one step down safely but he ended up plummeting face first into the pool his bottom and hind legs sticking up in the air. He immediately raised his head up to catch his breath and he would have fallen in an even more awkward position possibly causing him pain had it not been for his brother's impressive reflexes.

Fang swept the small pup up into his arms leaving Noah to dangle in mid air with water dripping off him. "I guess you're overly excited to take a bath huh?" Fang asked bringing the pup down to his eye level. Noah's tail swished from side to side, then up and down then in a combination of all directions as he kicked his legs and licked his brother's nose.

"Stinky." Fang teased then gently lowered the pup into the pool. Kneeling; Fang watched as the pup splashed around a bit in the pool before he called him over and applied the shampoo. He was careful with him. Even though Noah was ten and a dominant pup; he was still so small for his age.

He was shorter and smaller than all the other dominant boys his age and it caused Fang to worry about him. He was afraid that it would lead the other boys to mocking and bullying him. Fang stepped back and kept a watchful eye on Noah while he played and splashed around in the pool lest he damaged himself even more.

After a while, he gathered the pup in his arms and tried to dry off as much of the water as possible. Then, he carried Noah back to his room and deposited him in Ellie's arms where she continued to pamper him.

Fang stepped back and shook his head with a smile on his face. At the rate they were going; Noah would never be able to grow up independently. That was the downside to having two loving parents and two overly protective big brothers. They pampered him endlessly; not like Noah had any objections to it. He liked the way they spoiled him but mostly; he liked the way they came together as a family to protect him.

Fang would bully, Felix would torment, Jack would punish and Ellie would interrogate; none were friendly toward others where Noah was concerned and they certainly weren't friendly to you afterward.

"I'm going to check on Jet; I'll come back later." Fang said turning and leaving his mother to pampering Noah. Then he stopped as Noah called him. Turning, he looked at the small pup.

"Can you carry me out later?" Noah asked his tail swishing from side to side as he looked to Fang.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere; I just want to get out of the cave for a while. Pretty please?" Fang thought about it. Well, he'd been cooped up in the cave for the past four weeks and the furthest he was allowed to wander since he'd been able to walk again was the hot pools and the main foyer. He could only imagine how desperate the little guy was to see something other than cave walls and pack mates.

"If it's okay with mom; then yes." He commented and almost immediately Noah turned on his mother begging and pleading with her. Ellie cupped her son's chin and smiled down at the small wolf.