Dominant versus Sub

"Fang?" Jack called walking around the hot pools. The small white and black wolf heard his father calling for him but he refused to answer. His father had hurt him enough for one day.

"Fang this isn't funny." Jack said a minor panic starting within him at being unable to find his son. "I can smell you." He said sniffing the air and realizing the small wolf was nearby. He walked farther into the cave past the hot pools until he heard something that made him come to sudden halt. It was the light sound of sniffling.

The alpha approached only to see his youngest child turn away from him. Fang now sat in human form with his back to his father. He had no desire to see him. His father spoke calling his name this time in a gentler tone but still he refused to look at him. He just kept glaring at the stone wall before him.

Jack then sensed his son's anger and distress. He knelt down next to the small boy who reached his thighs when he stood up. The alpha placed a hand on his son's small shoulder but the black haired sub roughly withdrew his shoulder away from his superior. He didn't know how to approach this situation. Even though he is the alpha when it came to issues such as this especially with his children, Ellie was the one who would usually fix it. But it'd been him who'd hurt the sub. Never mind Fang is a sub; he's his son.

Several minutes of silence passed between them as father didn't know what to say and son refused to speak at all much less look at the authority figure.

"I heard you and mom." Fang said after some time. Jack looked at his child as Fang's words slammed into him like a sucker punch to the gut. "You said I can't go to school." The black haired sub finally turned to look at his father and the expression on his face was one of anger and disappointment.

"What's so different about me? Why can't I be given the things Felix gets?" Jack didn't know what to say. If he did say something it would be that which Fang already knows but he'd still try anyway.

"You don't need to go to school." Jack offered earning a scoff from the small black haired boy.

"Dominants." Fang muttered although loud enough that his father would hear and catch his drift. Jack pinned his son with a look that asserted his authority over the pack but nevertheless the sub stared back unflinching.

"I am your father and your alpha. You will do as I say Fang Peak." Jack said rising to his feet as he said this but all he received was an unflinching glare and then an annoyed scoff. He stared dumbstruck at his son.

He should've been a dominant. Jack found himself thinking this as he looked at his son. He has all the makings of a dominant and a potential leader, the only thing stopping him is the colour of his pelt. If his pelt had been pre-dominantly black Jack would have no objection to Fang's wishes but because of that damn pelt, he has no choice to treat him as an omega destined male.

Or maybe; he could make an exception. Just because he's not a dominant doesn't necessarily mean he can't contribute to the pack; if not physically then perhaps intellectually.

The alpha scratched his chin. If he let Fang go to school, then all would be well. He'd be able to mend this father-son relationship as he hates it whenever he and his boys have a fallout. He's still trying to mend things with Felix. He admits he lost his temper with Felix that time but in truth, the kid was a bit of a brat.

"Fang?" the black haired sub looked to his father contempt on his face. The alpha ignored the looked he received from his son.

"Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have you go to school; if that is what you wish." Fang looked his father in the eye as if he didn't quite believe in his words. The black haired sub stood up then and wiped away whatever stray tears were left on his cheeks. He then looked up at his father.