Trouble

He'd had enough of Jet and his childish ways. He was taking his life into his own hands and he'd show that bastard he didn't need him. In all of the one week that everything got turned upside down, he'd grown to dislike the dominant. Hate was too strong a word and he didn't think enough was done to cause full-fledged hatred; no, he just strongly disliked the dominant.

Over and over again his friends had tried drilling it into his brain that he didn't need Jet. The dominant didn't deserve him because no guy in his right mind would throw away a perfectly good sub...though Fang kept thinking that he was replaceable. He thought this because the one moment that kept replaying in his mind despite his best efforts to shut it all out was Jet's course of action literally not more than five seconds after he'd rejected him. Jet had left with that bitch Amanda.

However, Fang was progressing. He was getting over the dominant as each day passed and he felt more like himself again...yet he couldn't help but feel a tad bit jealous whenever he saw Jet around campus. He didn't understand that though. Why the hell couldn't Jet stay on the dominant campus? There was no reason for him to be on the sub campus.

The black haired sub tied his shoe laces and plugged his earphones in as he snapped out of his train of thoughts. He'd cancelled practice for the day especially since they had term exams around the corner so he'd decided to go for a run. He would have asked Riley but the guy was out spending the day with his father who'd come from Pittsburgh just to spend a day with him since the alpha was missing his son. So, Fang hadn't wanted to bother the others and the last time he checked; Jesse was out like a light.

Dressed in warm winter clothes to block out the cold yet enough to help him build a sweat; he quickly did his warm up exercises so to avoid cramping up and such. Then, he jogged around campus and out through the back gate onto the pathway that the team ran as exercise.

Fang ran the pathway twice but on his third lap, he slowed down when a figure came into view. There was a werewolf lingering around by the frozen stream. He seemed tense and angry. At first, he wanted to approach and make sure everything was alright but decided against it. Altogether he stopped and tried to make himself invisible behind a tree though it was absolutely useless since there were no bloody leaves on the damn thing. Just snow...and that still wasn't enough to hide him.

The wolf seemed dangerous but what bothered him most was that it was a dominant werewolf. But what was he doing so close to the sub campus? Unless...he was a rogue werewolf.

Shit!

Pulling off the earphones so that when he made a dash for it, he'd be able to hear whether the wolf was friend or foe and whether or not he was chasing him. He had no intention of looking back to find out. Fang held his breath as the werewolf tipped his head up to the sky and sniffed the air. A low, diabolic chuckle emanated from him and floated with the wind to the black haired sub.

"I smell you pup."

Double shit! With absolutely no point in hiding now, Fang emerged swallowing the lump in his throat. The other werewolf turned and looked to Fang. The black haired sub couldn't read the other wolf's expression but it sure didn't look friendly.

"You don't remember me, do you?" the wolf asked a devilish grin on his face. Fang shook his head not trusting his voice. Danger leaked from every pore of that werewolf and Fang didn't make the slightest move to get the hell out of there for fear of angering him though his every instinct was screaming at him to run like mad.

The werewolf chuckled then shifted into human form buck-ass nude in the blistering cold of winter. Extremely well built and towering at least seven feet in height; Fang felt fear as his eyes landed on the dominant's face. Sure enough; this was no rogue werewolf but rather the future beta of his pack. He could never forget the face or the scar he gave him slash across his left eye. The scar cut across his left brow and ended an inch below his eye.