Can We Go Home

14 years old

"What happened?" Felix asked in a panicked tone as he burst through the door of Riley and Fang's dorm room almost breaking it off its hinges. Riley yelped at the sudden intrusion but rolled his eyes in annoyance when he realized it was only Fang's twin. Now he understood what the black haired sub meant when he said that dominants over-react.

"I don't know. He's been crying and moping all morning. He hasn't moved at all." Riley explained pointing to the mound covered in sheets on Fang's bed. Every now and then, a high pitched whine could be heard emanating from under the sheets. Felix walked over and sat down on the edge of his twin's bed and placed a hand on the mound. Right away he knew Fang was in his wolf form since the body and bone structure he felt through the fabric was that of a wolf's.

"Fang?" he called. "Are you alright?" Another high pitched whine came as an answer. With a sigh, Felix proceeded to digging his twin out from the bed covers to uncover a white and black wolf with bright green eyes.

"Whoa." Riley exclaimed having seen Fang's wolf form for the first time since they've met. Felix and Fang looked to Riley who stared wide-eyed at Fang's wolf. "You have a very pretty wolf." Fang whined again turning his head back, his ears flat against his head.

"Can we go home?" Fang asked looking up to his brother with hopeful eyes.

"Feeling homesick huh?" the sub whined covering his eyes with his paws. "You know we can't with that rogue issue going on at home. It's not safe for us to be there, it's why mom and dad sent us here in the first place." Fang whimpered sticking his muzzle under the cover his ears still flat against his head. Felix sighed as he knew he couldn't really do anything to put an end to his twin's moping. He felt the same way.

Then an idea popped in his head. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his cell phone and began scrolling through his contact list. Finding his father's number, he called it and after the first three rings, his alpha's voice could be heard on the other end of the line.

"Finally remembered your old man, eh?" Jack teased given that neither Fang nor Felix had called home as often as he had hoped.

"Can we come home yet?" he asked getting straight to the point. Fang looked up from his hiding place and after moving his head from under the covers, he placed his head in his brother's lap whining again in hopes it could be heard on the other side of the phone call.

"No, you can't and you know this Felix. Why do you ask anyway?" Jack asked worry breaking through in his voice as a million different scenarios; all bad, ran through his mind and he was on the verge of shifting and running all the way to Roxborough for his boys.

Felix placed the phone next to Fang's muzzle and the sub whined and whimpered into the mouth piece. The alpha frowned upon hearing the high pitched whine that sounded a lot like his middle child. The larger of the twins then put the phone back to his ear. "Fang is feeling homesick and he's been moping all morning. Actually, we're both feeling a little homesick. " he stated.

"Well, we're slowly getting a handle on the rogue situation since we haven't had any incidents in the past week. I think Ryan can hold on here so maybe, your mother and I could pay you boys a visit."

"How soon?"

"Within a few days at best; I'll start making preparations right away. See you soon?"

"Yeah, bye dad." The call ended and Felix put the phone back into his pocket trying to look sad as best as he could but looking at his twin and how defeated he looked, he just couldn't find it in himself to make his mood worse. Ruffling his twin's head fur, he grinned down at his smaller counterpart.