Mama Alpha to the Rescue

5 years old

The black haired sub sat at the edge of the pools with his legs pulled up to his chest and his chin resting on his knees. He stared aimlessly into the water and took a big sigh. Things have not at all been well between him and his brother. Fang felt as though Felix had completely abandoned him; he felt like Felix didn't want him as a brother anymore or at least that was the way he felt when his brother looked at him.

Yesterday when their parents told them that Felix would be going to school come the next day, his brother had been ecstatic to get away. Then, the day had finally arrived. Felix, Avery, Jackson, Dylan and Nate all got dressed in human clothes with back packs filled with books and writing equipment. Fang was sitting in the middle of their parents' pile of furs watching as his brother got ready to go to school and he felt a sense of abandonment and loneliness sweep over him.

Then, Felix stopped and Fang's ears perked up. He'd been in wolf form then. Felix turned and gave him a once over. "Enjoy being an omega." With those words, Felix turned and walked away leaving his brother with a broken heart.

Now, the only kids his age who remained back at the cave were subs. He'd asked his father a while after the others had left why he couldn't go to school too but his dad said that subs don't need to go to school. His father said that when Fang got his mate, his mate will take care of him so there's no need for him to pursue an education. Felix and the other dominant boys however needed an education since they'd one day be pack leaders and it was important they learn about the human world and the economy.

What his father had said made him feel absolutely worthless. He didn't want a mate. He hated how his kind lived. An omega needed a dominant mate to be worth something or he'd forever be nothing but something to be looked down on. He hated it all; he hated his father for telling him that. His father practically told him he was worthless. Get a mate or remain the butt of every joke for all his life.

He had no idea how things were in the human world but he could win a bet in saying it was much better than the werewolf world where pelt colour and rank was everything. Fang however, he believed that someone should be judged based on what they can offer and omegas would never be able to offer anything if their only purpose is to be something pretty for dominants to flaunt or to beat up when they were displeased.

"Fang?" the black haired sub who sat in human form at the pool's edge looked up to see his mother come to sit next to him. Ellie could sense her son's distress and as if to somehow ease it, she pulled her son closer to her side.

"Is everything alright?" the sub boy simply let out a defeated sigh and his shoulders drooped even more. Ellie could definitely sense it now. Fang wasn't distressed; he was hurt; heart broken and angry.

"When is Felix coming back?" he asked barely above a whisper such that Ellie had to strain her ears to hear the words.

"Later in the afternoon; why do you ask?" Fang just shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know why he even asked the question. His brother hated him and he was beginning to dislike dominants. So why had he really asked? Maybe he just wanted his brother back.

"Why can't I go to school?" Fang asked after several minutes of silence had passed between them. His mother had gone to school and she was the alpha's mate. So what was so different or so wrong in him getting an education just like his mom?

"No one said you couldn't go to school Fang." Ellie said and she was right. Fang looked up at his mother his eyes showing he was clearly confused.

"But, dad said I don't need an education. He said when I get a mate, he'll take care of me...but I don't want a mate mommy." Fang said his voice cracking as a tear escaped. The black haired sub quickly wiped it away.