The New Motive

17 years old

The last of the winter months had been painful to live through for Fang. He'd kept the secret and no one had the slightest clue of what happened that day. If that wasn't bad; the beta who raped him had apparently found his mate. His mate turned out to be that bleach blond sub from the soccer team who had been continuously trash talking him.

It seemed like the fates were thoroughly messing with his life and it was just a joke to the fickle bitches. The fates were mocking him. They had to be.

He was seriously growing tired of the bleach blond bitch of a sub who apparently found it funny to rub it in his face that he had a mate but Fang didn't. A part of Fang wanted so badly to use his rape situation and twist it to make it look like the dominant had slept with him before finding his mate. Either that or beating the little shit. If only it meant shutting the whiny bitch up he'd gladly do it.

But that last thing he needed was the dominant coming after him again or the memories it awakened. Not that they had ever left him. He hadn't slept well at all since the whole ordeal because every time he closed his eyes; he saw the bastard. He felt the bastard's hands on him...

He was so angry. He wanted to lash out and kill anything that moved but how could he? The subs around campus hadn't done him any wrong and his friends; how could he lash out at them when they had been nothing but sweet to him. Plus, they didn't know what happened.

Jet had clearly moved on since he was now officially dating Amanda. He wanted to strangle Jet and beat the living crap out of him and bury the bitch alive for the pain he was in. He didn't want to blame the dominant but if Jet hadn't rejected him and hadn't been some kind of petulant, bratty twelve year old trapped in a sixteen now seventeen year old's body; he could've been happy.

It was now the second month into the spring season and while everyone else seemed happy; Fang's mood seemed ever sombre. It didn't help his mood right then since Jet was on the sub campus...doing what exactly? Fang had absolutely given up trying to understand the dominant and half his motives though now he seemed to understand that even though Jet rejected him; it was as if the dominant was hell bent on making Fang jealous...not that it would work anyway.

All he felt toward the dominant was contempt and he was learning to hate...finally.

Jet stood a few feet away from the bleachers and the black haired sub would have expected to see a sub on his arm but he was surprised to find Amanda there. She wasn't a werewolf and this was a werewolf academy so how she was here, Fang couldn't comprehend.

Shaking his head and getting back on track to the soccer field; Fang tore his eyes away from the couple he wanted to put on a first class plane ride to hell and focused on the practice session. In a few weeks, they'd be heading off to the tournament. Ever since they won the championship three years ago; no one had been able to take it from them and he wasn't about to let anyone get the opportunity to do that.

He still couldn't understand why Amanda was there or how she even managed to get into the academy. Even if she did; why hadn't Jet taken her to the dominant campus? Maybe he didn't because of all the thirsty, hormonal dominant werewolves running about on that campus. Man, there was so much testosterone on that campus it wasn't even funny.

Then there is the fact that she's a little hoe...maybe that was harsh.

Fang inwardly shrugged chuckling lightly at that thought. Looking in front of him; he saw Kian come at him in an attempt to steal the ball but he touched the ball with his foot sending it to the left and Kian hopped right over it. Retrieving the ball; Fang dodged and spun just as Ronnie came at him. He kept the ball and made a straight bee line for the net scoring a goal. Jesse cheered fist pumping the air then holding his arms above his head as he whooped and cheered with the others.

Running back; Fang met Kian halfway laughing. "You might be my vice captain; but you're just a little bit slow." Fang teased.

"Shut your face." Kian retorted glaring at Fang causing the black haired sub to smirk.

"I would if I knew how. Tell me Kian; how do you shut your face?" Kian balled his fist and raised it intending to punch Fang though playfully but the black haired sub laughed raising his arms to cover his face.

"Kian!" Both subs looked up in the direction of the bleachers to see Liam waving at him and in his hand, he held Kian's phone. Looking back; Fang frowned upon seeing the sombre expression that etched its way onto his friend's face.

Fang watched as Kian ran to take the call and Liam come running up to Fang to stand where his vice captain previously stood. The two subs watched as Kian answered the call and flinched every now and then. The sub walked around behind the bleachers and a few minutes later returned staring at his phone. The look on his face was one of loathing, fear, panic and sadness all etched into one. Frowning, Fang tapped Liam's elbow and motioned his head over to Kian who was still staring at his phone.

"What's his deal?" he asked. Liam looked over to Kian then back to Fang.

"You haven't heard? Kian's parents are threatening to kill him if he doesn't find his mate."

"WHAT?" Liam jumped a little at Fang's unexpected angry bellow. The black haired sub seemed surprised that Liam would say something like that so non-chalantly. It wasn't the weather they were talking about; it was someone's life.

"Why are you angry?" Liam cried.

"Why aren't you?" Fang yelled drawing a few stares. Kian; like Fang and Riley; was the omega son of an alpha. But Fang had no idea Kian's life was so rough. He always seemed so happy and carefree that everyone would think Kian had it all. Though now that he thought about it; it would explain some of the guarded glares he'd sometimes catch Kian giving to subs with their mates. He sometimes did it to Jesse. Kian wanted to find his mate...or rather; he needed to.

"How bad is it?" Fang asked.

"They're giving him until his eighteenth birthday to find his mate. If he doesn't they'll kill him." Liam explained.

"Even if he goes rogue?" Fang asked realizing the true horror of Kian's life when Liam nodded. "Why would they do this to him?"

"They wanted dominant kids; male and female. Kian; is the youngest of three children and the omega. They disowned him. His only worth to the pack is his mate." Liam continued. Fang ran a frustrated hand through his hair as he looked away from Liam.

"We have to do something. We can't let him go back there...and mate-less."

"What? You want us to find someone to pretend to be his mate so his parents won't kill him?"

"That's a brilliant idea." Fang said lightly punching Liam on the shoulder and running toward Kian.

"That wasn't an idea!"

**********

As it turned out; Kian didn't want to go through with Fang's idea because of the simple reason of his parents finding out. If they did, Kian feared they'd kill him.

"It's hopeless...I'm dead anyway." Fang stared wide eyed unable to believe what he was hearing.

"So that's it? Y-you're just giving up?"

"I'm seventeen Fang. Most subs our age are already engaged...I haven't even found my mate. I wouldn't blame him if he took one look at me and ran away...I mean look at me. I'm not exactly what dominants want."

Fang hung his head as his own reality came back to haunt him from Kian's words. "You can run. After graduation; go rogue; they won't be able to hurt you. Finding your mate doesn't always mean happiness. Take me for example; Jet rejected me in front of the mall."

"You're stronger than I am."

"A wise person once told me that people make their own happiness." Fang tried one more time recalling Felix's advice to him...it seemed like so long ago. "You should too." With that, Fang left Kian to think about what he'd said and consider his options very carefully. He'd found a new motive. No matter how hard he'd have to try; he was going to show subs that having a mate wasn't all there was to life.