No Ordinary Sub

Fang watched as they got out of the water laughing and playfully pushing each other. They stood in their human forms drying off the water from their bodies using the towels they were given. Fang had one too and it lay beside him on his perch. Only he knew he wouldn't be using it anytime soon. He just dragged it along in hopes of a turn of events.

The white and black puppy sighed and closed his eyes feeling alone, abandoned and left out completely. The one person that mattered to him had abandoned him and didn't even realize it.

"Fang!" his ears perked up and he raised his head, eyes wide with hope and tail wagging excitedly. "It's time to go. Dad's waiting." Felix added. Defeated, the white pup with black markings took the towel in his mouth and climbed down the rocks trotting over to his brother's side. The dominant boy arched a brow at his smaller counterpart who hung his head low his ears flat against his head.

Felix took the towel from Fang but that was pretty much it. He said not a word as he ran ahead to catch up with Avery, Jackson and Dylan. Fang bit back a sob as he realized how oblivious his brother was to his pain.

"Fang, what's wrong?" the pup looked up with tears in his eyes at the dominant boy who spoke to him. Nate was the one who bothered to stay behind and walk with him. Nate looked at him his eyes filled with concern for his friend. He had an idea what was troubling the small wolf but he didn't want to pry. He'd noticed how each day, Felix detached himself from Fang and he could only guess how much it hurt to have your brother ignore you almost completely.

He was an only child and he had no idea what it felt like to have a sibling but his friends came close to it. Nate knew the two were close so it must have been killing the sub to see his brother pull away.

The sub pup shook his head. "I-feel...nothing...I-I can't." Fang shook his head as if trying to shake away the tears and broke into a run upon seeing his father standing at the cave mouth. He didn't want sympathy. He didn't need it.

Jack laughed as his youngest child cannoned into his arms but his laughter died the moment he held his child. Something was wrong. Fang's mood was off. As he held his son, he felt the slight trembling of his tiny body in his large hands. Cradling his child, he turned the pup to look at him. Fang had tears in his eyes that hadn't seemed to have fallen yet. Jack could tell Fang was trying desperately not to cry for whatever reason but he was being unexpectedly strong for a sub especially since his wolf was pre-dominantly white.

"What's wrong Fang? Are you hurt?" The alpha asked his son panic filling his voice as he quickly ran his fingers through the boy's fur searching his body for scratches or cuts.

"Daddy, can you teach me to shift?" Relieved to the core of his being that Fang wasn't hurt physically but it killed him to know that whatever was troubling him had to be emotional. Jack hugged his child as his eyes trailed the five dominant boys that entered the cave in human form each greeting their alpha. Jack figured Fang probably felt left out as he wasn't yet able to shift. It happened.

"How about you get something to eat first?" Jack said as he adjusted his child in his arms and began walking toward the eating chamber where the hunting party had brought in their kill from the hunt. The alpha set his son down who immediately broke into a run toward the large buck. The pup didn't wait for his father to catch up and help him with his dinner. Aside from feeling neglect, he was rather hungry. Biting into the buck, he snarled and snarled as he tried to rip off a part of a section of meat but it was difficult but he wasn't backing down.

He released and smacked his tongue against his teeth and licking his lips. He bit down again and snarled, his upper body crouched low and his buttocks and tail high in the air. Finally, a portion of meat snapped free making the sub pup stumble back and tumble into a pile of bones from yesterday's dinner.