Chapter 48 A Thousand Years

*Abby’s Point of View*

        “Alright, one more step,” I told Harry guiding him into the room, it couldn’t be more perfect the fairy lights twinkled creating just the right amount of lighting, the timeline was perfect it looked like something you would see in a movie. I took a deep breath and removed the blindfold, Harry opened his eyes and took a look around the room, I think I heard him give a little whistle.

        “Wow,” he breathed looking around once more.

        “Do you like it?” I asked timidly.

        “I love it, it looks perfect but what’s the idea here?” 

        “You’ll just have to find out for yourself,” I told him planting a kiss on his cheek.

        “Awe you’re no fun,” he pouted.

        I rolled my eyes and lead him over to the table. As we sat down I saw Harry raising his eyebrows at the dish before him. Finally he looked up at me and spoke up, “um why are we having tacos?...”

        “They’re your favourite food.”

        “Hmmmm well anything beats that hospital food, I swear it was just cardboard,” he said taking a bit out of the taco.

        “Do you like it?”

        “Love it; it tastes like real food, WAY better than what the hospital fed me.”

        “Well I can’t argue there, it does taste pretty bland.”

        We had a nice dinner just talking; it felt so surreal; it was like nothing ever happened between us, as if Harry had never lost his memory and as if this was just like any other one of our date nights. I almost forgot the purpose of this evening until Harry said something, “so what’s with all the pictures on the wall?” he asked once we were both done.

        I stood up and held my hand out to him, “c’mon I’ll show you,” I said as he took my hand in his. I lead him over to the beginning of the timeline, “this is when you were born, Anne gave me these pictures to add to the time line. The idea was to make a timeline with photos from your entire life to try to get you to remember who you are,” I explained. We continued through his baby days and then we made it to my personal favourite photo. “This is the first day we met,” I told him, “I fell and scraped my knee, you helped me and from that day on we were inseparable,” I smiled remembering that day.

        “Wow, you were really cute,” he said tapping my nose making me wrinkle it.

        We moved through all of the photos hand in hand. He took in all of the photos carefully absorbing all of the information trying his best to remember. When we reached the last photo I asked the question that was burning inside of me, “do you remember anything?...”

        Harry sighed and gave me his answer, “No not yet, I feel things stirring inside of my mind but I don’t remember yet, I feel as though it’s beginning to work though,” he said. His answered killed me a little but it was something, it gave me hope and that was all I needed. I just had one more move up my sleeve before we moved on to Harry meeting the rest of the gang. I took his hand once more and pulled him onto the dance floor, I grabbed the little remote controlling my iPod and it began playing our song, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Harry got the idea and pulled me into him my head against his chest his head lightly resting against mine.

        I lightly sang the lyrics while we swayed to the music, “Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I love you for a thousand more

Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I love you for a thousand more

One step closer

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I love you for a thousand more…” Harry leaded down and pulled my lips to his a romantic and passionate kiss then he jerked away a smile making its way across his handsome face his dimples forming and the twinkle in his eyes appearing. His next words made my heart stop in my chest and it made the butterflies in my stomach erupt.

        “I remember…”