Chapter 38 Too Good To Be True

*Abby’s Point of View*

I was just finishing up choreographing my acro dance when I heard the door open a shut, that’s weird classes finished just about two hours ago, I wonder if one of the dancers forgot something. I came out of the studio to come eye to eye with Andrew… Somehow I knew that all of the calmness and serenity was too good to be true, I shouldn’t have let my guard down, and why did our restraining order have to be declined? I hate having an ex who’s friends with the judge, his best friend at that and I didn’t help that he was never my biggest fan.

“Andrew what do you want?” I snapped with as much authority as I could muster even though on the inside I was shaking like mouse being cornered by a large cat.

“Awe don’t be like that babe, I know you want me, you know you love me, I just wanted to see if you liked your little ‘present’ I gave you,” he said coming closer to me, I took a step back before answering.

“What do you mean? What present?”

“Oh you know what present, I’m surprised you reacted the way you did, I mean he is your father no need to be mean to him,” he said while smiling smugly.

“It’s was you,” I seethed I was angry enough to kill at this point.

“Yes I though you would love it,” he said with an evil gleam in his eyes. Now I’m more scared than angry, the look in her eyes sent a chill up my spine he always got that look before he beat up someone he claimed was ‘flirting with me’ it means danger, oh boy this ain’t good.

“Andrew get out right now I don’t need you here right now, just be nice and please get out.”

“What will you do if I don’t?” he said leaning farther in it was then that I could smell the booze on his breath, a sober Andrew was dangerous but a drunk Andrew was deadly. I backed up to get as far away as possible from him but then when I took one last step my back hit the cold hard wall behind me Andrew came closer trapping me against the wall, his breath reeking of booze. It was suffocating me, just as he was just about to lean in and kiss me hit was ripped away from me, I looked up to see an enraged Abigail, those self defence classes are really paying off. I looked to the ground where Andrew lay clutching his head in his hands I heard Abigail on the phone with the cops but I was in such a daze I couldn’t think straight I can’t see anything but spots, this always happens when I’m stressed, nervous or under serious anxiety I didn’t see Andrew getting up and I didn’t see him lunge for me…  

*Harry’s Point of View*

        I was sitting on the couch when my phone went off, I looked at the caller display to see that is was Abigail, without hesitation I picked it up.

        “Hello Harry?” asked Abigail from the other end, something didn’t sound right in her voice, and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck raise as I answered.

        “Yeah it is why what happened?!”

        “Ok Harry don’t panic but Abby’s in the hospital,” she said slowly as if gauging my reaction from the other end, I felt my world slowly stop and I sat back down on the couch holding my head in my hands before taking a breath and continuing with the conversation.

        “What happened why is she in the hospital?”

        “Andrew came in while she was practicing her dances he came in drunk and angry, he put her up against the wall and was about to kiss her when I came in and pulled him off of her, I knocked him to the ground and called the cops but he got up and attacked her, the cops showed up just on time but she was knocked out and right now they’re just putting her in a room, they said she should be fine but she could have a mild concussion for a few days but that’s about the worst thing that can happen.”

        “I’m on my way, meet me in the lobby?”

        “Alright but be careful, remember she should be fine she’s just knocked out.”

        “Alright will do I’ll see you there in a few minutes ok?”

        “Alright I’ll see you in a few minutes bye.”

        “Bye.”