It's Gotta Be You

Chapter One Once Upon A time…

*Flashback Abby’s Point of View*

I slammed the hardwood door and slid down the icy cold white wall. Tears were spilling out of my eyes my mascara was running all down my face creating a waterfall of black. How could he? I think to myself. How dare he cheat on me with one of my best friends, scratch that my ex best friend. He cheated on me today out of all days, today was our two year anniversary.

We had known each other all our lives and now he’s cheating on me with Summer? We met in preschool when I fell and scraped my knee. He helped me up and wiped my tears away. We never left each other’s side from that day forward.

I surveyed my apartment and my eyes land on my favourite photo of us. It was a picture of us on the night of our senior prom. That was the night he first told me about his feelings and that was the night we became boyfriend and girlfriend. I got up and hurled the photo across the room. I heard a satisfying crash as the photo hit the wall a shatters into pieces. As I continue to look around I see even more photos of us, pictures from football games, birthday parties, and just those simple day to day things like dates, the movies, old school plays and so much more. It was at that moment that I realized; I need to move away from here and get in with my life it was clear to me that Harry no longer wanted me and that I need to move on ASAP.

I decided to pack my bags and get out of this small town. I booked a flight to London that was due to leave at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I was in the middle of packing my bags when I hear a knock on the door, without thinking I open the door and I see that one person who I never wanted to see ever again. Harry.

“What do you want?” I ask bitterly, my voice dripping with anger.

“Please just hear me out,” begged harry.

“No, it’s pretty clear to me that you don’t want anything to do with me so goodbye.”

I started to close the door but Harry’s foot prevented me from doing so.

“Go away Harry.”

“Not until you hear me out”

“Fine you have exactly one minute, go.”

“Well me and Summer wanted to go see a movie together just as friends and then during the movie she confessed that she had feelings for me and that she knew I liked her to. I felt so confused and for one in my life I wasn’t so sure how I felt about ether one of you anymore and when I saw Summer leaning in I didn’t try to stop her and then well one thing lead to another and here we are now…”

“Stop, I think I’ve heard enough. But answer me this; how long has this been going on?”

“Six months” Harry mumbled looking ashamed.

“SIX MONTHS HARRY? THIS THING BETWEEN YOU AND SUMMER HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SIX MONTHS?!”

“Abby, I’m so sorry please forgive me.”

“I’m sorry Harry but I can’t do this anymore you told me you loved me and then you went and dated Summer behind my back I just can’t forgive you. Ever.”

“Please…”

“No Harry this is goodbye, I hope you have a good life.”

I slammed the door in his face and once again I felt despair wash over me. What did I do wrong? Was I not good enough for him? Did Harry even mean it when he said ‘I love you’ or was it all game to him? With the sudden furry that washed over me I finished packing my bags and left for the long drive to the airport. London here I come…