Filler: We Sync

Man! Don't you wish I could stop updating so often? NO! lol! It's best I do so you won't forget meh story!! Well, here's a filler - not a chapter but just a scene with relavence. I hope all those people (on wattpad and in my life) enjoy my Jordan and Eden bits! xD Onwards shall we?

xxxxx

The lights were dimmed, the party dead and the night had settled in with a full glowing moon and a clear sky which permitted the cold to penetrate straight through the skin. I sat on the floor and leaned on my bed facing the window to look at the starry night and think of some things. I couldn’t sleep and hadn’t had an inkling of fatigue in me. This was the nostalgic feeling of the nerves I used to have before an exam despite the fact that I had studied well. A sigh left my lips and eased off some tension.

How am I supposed to impress a business man when I’m ... me?

My eyes closed and I leaned my head back, supporting it on the soft covers of the bed. The movies were all lies. Dating wasn’t as easy as meeting the girl and asking her out. I have to first get evaluated by a rich man with nothing but myself to offer – and it’s not even for marriage but the supposedly simplistic task of dating. I would ask why it had to be Jordan that I liked but I knew the answer to that. She is different from all the other girls. There is no pretending to her and no ‘chameleon’ side that she chooses to adapt. It’s either take her as she is or don’t.  And I like that definite character in a person – one that shows a promise for fulfilment of what they opt for. Another sigh was let out.

But... that didn’t come from me nor was it windy outside or pineapple flavoured.

“Hn?” I sounded as I opened my eyes.

Frozen in place and wide eyed, Jordan looked at me in disbelief, paling slightly. I tensed and fisted my hands reliving her initial surprise and letting out a gasp. Jordan was leaning in to me, her hands on either side of me.

“Eden, I-“

“Sorry! Y-yes?”

“I-“

“It’s ok!”

“Let me talk!”

I silenced at Jordan's vicious whisper. She backed off and grabbed her right arm with her left hand, reddening in the face and biting her lip in a visible anxiety. I relaxed a little and cleared my throat while eyeing her questioningly. She gripped the sleeve of her over sized red shirt and shifted to sit cross legged while facing me. It's unfitting of her to lack confidence but I guess my silence was part contribution to her nerves. I laughed and ran a hand through my hair gaining a reluctant glance from her.

“Sorry, I just got a shock. I didn’t mean to talk over you,” I said in an attempt to break the ice.

“Y-you idiot. You’d apologize even if I bumped you with a car,” she retorted, calming back to her normal self.

I chuckled and shrugged. “I guess.”

We fell silent once again, her looking around the room and me staring sympathetically at her. Usually it’s the guy who has a hard time saying stuff but that seems to be a lie. I’ve talked the most in the short time span that she’s been here.

“You don’t have to see my father you know.”

“Oh, you’ve come to discourage me?” I said playing with her.

“Um... no I just don’t want you to do something you don’t want to do.”

“Hm, well my father raised no fool and I’m sure I can discern my wants and wastes – and I want you. Do you want to be with me? Green hair and all?”

Jordan smiled and let go of her sleeve easing with every word we shared. God she is the most beautiful creature I’ve seen. I’d just tackle her and kiss her till her lips swell but I have to defeat a dragon for her.

“Green is my favourite color,” she answered looking at my hair while carefully avoiding my eyes.

“This green mop?” I said grabbing strands of hair. “Oh please, I can’t wait to dye it black.”

“Don’t!”

We both stared at each other in shock. She shouted that out and quickly became embarrassed, but I was shocked at the volume. I placed a finger on my lips and chuckled.

“Your brother is next door. He’ll crucify me if he hears you in here,” I informed her.

“Sorry,” she whispered before abruptly hugging me.

I sat stiff for a moment before hovering my hands over her back, uncertain if I could touch her at that stage.

“I’ll leave,” she whispered in to my ear before pulling back, our eyes still not meeting. “I-I probably shouldn’t disturb you. I mean I came to find out if you were sure but I guess I’m disturbing you ‘cause it’s late and...”She’s rambling on like I do when I’m nervous... hm.

I smiled and cupped her cheeks with my hands, immediately silencing her. Although the next step of what I would do wasn’t planned out, I found myself content holding her like that. After all, I got her to look me in the eye by doing that.

“You got beautiful eyes,” were the only words that came out of me.

Her left hand just lifted to trace mmy hand before prying it gently off her face. She stood up and crossed her arms over her stomach, her body eclipsing the moon and shadowing out with the surrounding light.

“Please.... try y-your best. I’m sure my dad will like you without a doubt. You’ll be surprised.”

Turning and scurrying out of my room, Jordan gave me no time to respond. It was over with a soft click of my door. I sighed with the widest smile I could possess. No possible reason for why she came could be conjured, but it all just confirms that she wants me to pursue her. Is it sad that it seems easy? Um... I hope not. Whatever it seems like, I’m glad that she likes me back.

I had troubles sleeping that night. My stomach kept cramping with nerves and I couldn’t control it. I wish I paid more attention to the media and seen what her father looks like instead of listen to it. God this will go horribly wrong if he rejects me. Oh God!

 XXXXX

:) Half of you are like "wtf?" haha! This was just a build up. Hope it's ok that I did this! I'm now delving for the end!!