Chapter 16: To Get Her

OMG! An update? Hahah... Sorry. I'm very ill at the moment and honestly, it's taking it's toll. BUT that is no excuse to not produce work to the best of my abilities! Thank you all for reading so far and supporting me! Thanks to the support group too cause their all great people :) Now this Chapter is done and I am sick so excuse any mistakes I do make. But enjoy :P

XXXX

A knee in the thigh got me to wake up the next morning. I blinked in the sheen of light that my curtain failed to shield me from. Sitting up slowly and feeling tiny arms slide down me, I rub my eyes in to focus and see Kayla – the attacker – sleeping behind me and Layla sleeping in front of me. My lips tugged slightly as I caught sight of their smiles. There’s nothing that matters more than those smiles. I scratched my head and sighed as I crept out of bed carefully in order to leave my sister’s sleeping. Once my feet landed on the floor, I reach up and stretched, waiting for the satisfying pop of my bones. This morning was meant to be nerve racking, but so far I felt at ease. Let’s hope I don’t contradict myself.

“Hungry, hungry – I am hungry table, table here I come! I could eat a goose loose burger twenty chickens and a purple plum.”

I sang that song like a broken record player in to the sponge while I showered. My mind steered clear of any thoughts and didn't fill with its usual day dampening ideas. Will today be the good day I finally waited for?

Toweling off, I wrapped the towel around my waist and went to the mirror that hung over the basin. I played around with my green mop of hair before grabbing my tooth brush and starting "Faith" by George Michaels. It was muffled by the foam of the paste but that never stopped me from singing it – my mom’s sudden entry did. I jerked backward and flailed my arms to balance before grabbing the towel that loosened in all my commotion. She turned and covered her eyes, gasping like a teenage girl and putting her hand over her heart. I’m damn sure my singing was loud enough for her to hear I was in here!

“E-Eden!”

I yanked my tooth brush out my mouth and spat in the basin.

“What?” I squeaked wide eyed.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know you were in here,” she admitted, turning and shutting the door.

I bent over and sighed, my shoulders slumping. God I’ll get old fast with all life brings.

Thirty minutes and a change in to clothes later, I was downstairs making breakfast for everyone in a suit. Apparently, we were going to court in the next hour so I got prepared way before time. The girls came down, bickering once again about their favourite anime – of the week. My mother was our new addition, her steps in heels echoed on the tiled floor, which drew our attention to her. She had her green hair in a side swept style, her ponytail laying over her right shoulder. Her sundress was yellow, the length modestly ending in the middle of her shins, giving view of her skin before they entered black stiletto’s. She lifted her fingers to her peach lips, her eyes on the ground as we stared on.

“I-Is it too much?” she asked genuinely.

“Wow mom,” Layla started.

“You look great!” Kayla finished enthusiastically.

I smiled and turned my attention back to the boiling gravy on the stove that I’d coat the steak with. Her question was directed to her little loved ones thus I kept silent.

“E-Eden?”

I froze on the spot. She wanted an answer from me?

“You look great,” I commented, giving her a glance before turning off the stove.