Chapter 6: The Mother Of All Takedowns!

Here we go! Continuation of the last Chapter :P

xxxx

My faked cough caused little attraction to the small gathering of girls. I sat on the far end of the couch as the girl’s strewn their limbs on the chair, floor – wherever they could in a disorderly manner. The only one of decent behaviour was Jordan, who I kind of stared at. She stood as silent as a grave by the window, gazing out into the day with her zombie like expression. I’ve notice something about her that gave her this aura of stinging venom. It was always her cold stare. She seemed to spend more time in her head than with the crowd’s that she had always been faced with. Why wander like that? I became fixated with the thought as a familiar sheen of glistening light grabbed my attention. Tears...

THUD!

I grimaced on the floor as I grabbed the back of my head and growled. Ashlee had attacked me with her barbaric brute force, and landed a kick to my temple. It was common for her to give unexpected blows to me and I’ve mostly blocked them, but this one in particular sparked my neurones and provoked a headache. Cussing under my breath and looking up, I located my target – Ashlee – who lay on her back with her feet on the couch. Her tongue slithered out her mouth as she tilted her head, adding insult to injury. Nina tried to stop the inevitable but her persistent background cooing went unheard. I just launched myself onto her and punched her arms. I held back on the power of my punch of course, but Ashlee wouldn’t. She clawed, she bit and she tumbled over me to deliver her karate blows that she’d learned well. I lay under her feigning injury on impact just to make her laugh. It was all a show as usual but sometimes she would hurt me unintentionally. Anorexia is to blame. My body couldn’t take much impact.

After a while of playful fighting that all the girls decided would be fun, I grew worn out and surrendered – playing possum on the ground. It wasn’t a recurring event for me to hang out with others, but I have met all of Nina’s friends and they did treat me like one too. Women had a strange attraction to me. It’s as if I am a giant kitten to them.

“Did wanker get invited for entertainment?” Jordan flippantly asked, slicing through the fun with her dead pan tone.

Nina pouted and took a breath in to defend me but the bursts of laughter from her other two friends killed her efforts. She just ended up smiling and avoiding eye contact with me. Rolling my eyes I sat up and looked aside, hanging my head back and resting my weight on the heels of my hands.

“My names Eden,” I said defiantly to the ‘joke’.

I was honestly too weak to fight Jordan and her petty joking. It’s been endless with her, constant insulting whenever she catches sight of me. It began to have the effect that I had predicted. She blended into the background like everyone else.

“L-let’s play a game,” Nina suggested nervously.

Ashlee and Gina decided to stare at Jordan and I though. Their focus and anticipation for a fight was too great to agree with Nina, but the upper hand was not theirs. Standing with hands on hips, Nina decided to voice out her disapproval of events, which usually came out as a stressed pitch of screeching.

“If this is how you all will behave, then I shouldn’t have invited you here,” she huffed out, folding her arms at the end.

We all mumbled our apologies except for the obvious person- Jordan – who threw us all off again with an abrupt suggestion.

“Twister.”

I gave her a stare for a moment before standing up and stretching. I made a show of my boredom with the obvious antics: yawning, stretching and the rubbing of my eye. Jordan reacted how I wanted her to. I smirked at it all. First the flair of her nose; then the furrowing of her brows before her muscles tensed in a rippled effect. Score.