Chapter 17: ... Disbelief In The Relief...

Hi, this Chapter will be the last melancholic/sad chapter I hope. Sorry that it is late but I actually have writers block and I was hit with a wave of sickness so please bear with me throughout this process. I will try to be strong and continue so here is another Chapter for my readers. Thank you for the 800+ reads and I dedicate this Chapter to every single one of you that took time for this book. AND a special thanks to Aveunaliv for the poem provided on behalf of Eden's mom!!!

[partly editted]

NOTE: There is a song attached to this ---> in my story it's indicated when it should be played. And do repeat its play till the end. Thank you.

XXXX

Driving back with my family as a whole was a new memory that I’d forever embed in my mind. It felt like… like an unspoken emotion. The next level of happiness. My dad was laughing as he drove while the girls and mom were singing in the back ground - forgetting the lyrics of their songs and making their own. I just sat in the passenger seat with my leg on it, my eyes darting from my dad to the girls in the back and back. The conversations were pointless, but they were sweet music to my ears. I never knew how much I longed for this.

“Hey Anry, remember this song?” my dad shouted to my mom as he turned up the radio.

My mum laughed and leaned forward to sing to my father. It was surprising how good her voice was. She could make it far with as a singer.

“What song is this?” I asked abruptly before she turned her head to lock eyes with me.

“Lips of an angel by Hinder,” she answered leaning back after covering her smile with her hand.

I looked ahead and listened to the song play through. Maybe this family was going to be alright

. It is a weird thought because we are fragmented, but nonetheless, it was nice to dream about it.

Xxxx

“Oh! That has got to hurt!” Kayla shouted as she placed her hand on her chest. “That’s why I never want breasts.”

I burst out laughing on the couch and leaned forward, speechless to the comment. We were watching World’s Dumbest Women’s Brawl on Sony Max and the main woman of the story just got whacked in the chest with an umbrella. Layla blushed and hit Kayla in the arm, gaining a yelp of shock from Kayla.

“Don’t be rude Kayla that was not something to say out loud,” Layla warned out of embarrassment.

“What? I don’t have any!” Kayla shot back shrugging.

I just took a cushion and smothered my fits of laughter. It was just an awkward thing for me to hear.

“Hey, Kayla, Layla want to go to the store with me?” mum offered.

I lowered the cushion and caught sight of her by the archway that led to the lounge. She had been upstairs with my dad since we came home – which was approximately forty-five minutes ago. The girls both shot upright and stood, running over to mom and grabbing a hand each.

“Can Eden come?” Layla asked, looking at me then mom.

I looked at mom too, unsure that I wanted her to answer that.

“I wish he could but dad wants to talk to him,” she replied, looking at me and nodding. “His in his room upstairs.”

With that she turned and walked to the door with the girls in tow. Layla waved bye to me before she exited. I sighed and chucked the cushion aside.