Chapter 18 : Friends

Hiii!! How are you? Well this update is done and I'm back to the passion of my story. I hope you enjoy even if this is a lengthy Chapter. Now, for the loooong awaited Jordan and Eden bits hahaha!! Kris :'D ENJOY!

p.s. 900+ reads? You guys are legend. Thank you very much and if there is anyway I could help you just ask :) x3

XXXX

Bzzzzt….. Bzzzzzzt….

My phone vibrated in my pocket. It’s been doing that for quite a while too. I felt too weak to answer it, so I just let it buzz in my pocket as I lay on the floor. My breathing moistened the patch of carpet near my lips, my mouth slightly open and drying from the air passing through it. Green curtained my vision with the exception of the thin gap my right eye had been allowed to use. But there was no use ‘cause all I saw was a blur of colors as tears flowed. White? The papers that lay ripped in front of me. Cream? My hand I  think… I can’t tell. The carpet is beige and I’m slightly lighter so for now, I will assume it’s me. Red? Well… that was obvious. Blood. I cut myself in the middle of breaking my window. Don’t ask for any reasons as to why this happened… but understand that I really just did it all on impulse. And no, I’m not any better than before.

Son? So after all she did to us she moves on and starts another family? She has another son that she actually loves? Wonder how he turned out. Happy? Whole because he has both parents? Does he even know that we exist? I don’t care. I never did. She just came here anyway to see what would happen to dad. I’m glad he won the case. I don’t think I would have found a better life living with her.

“Eden?”

Taylor?

“Hey Eden you’re in?” Taylor called out before knocking on my door.

My body became conscious to the pain that it had been put through because the wounds and aches began to pulsate.  I winced and shut my eyes, letting out a pitiful whimper. How can I be so weak? The knock repeated before I heard him say something to someone else.

“Don’t leave,” I whispered, my voice withering due to my prior exertion.

I battled to get on all fours but I won. Hesitantly, I decided to crawl to the door, not wanting Taylor to walk away and leave me here. If he was such a friend – if he still wanted to be my friend – this would be the moment to prove that he could be. I don’t know what friends are meant to be but I need someone right now. I need this pain to subside. I need this burden to lift. Please don’t walk away. I used the door handle to pull myself to my feet before pushing it down and opening the door to Taylor. His eyes widened in concern, darting round my body to see the damage done.

“Eden,” he said breathlessly, taken aback by my bleeding hand and bruised feet.

He didn’t get it. I didn’t want to hear him talk. I didn’t want him to awe at me. I didn’t want the lecture. So I jus went a head and did it. I tripped past the threshold and basically collapsed in to his arms, wrapping mine tightly around his shoulders as my cries began again with no tears as I had dried myself out. He responded effectively, hugging me and muttering something incoherent. I guess it shocked him still. But I don’t care. My heart felt like it had a deep welt added to it despite its previous beatings. And I would have thought of more to say but a warm hand to my forehead stopped it. My hair was parted and my vision slightly clearer and focused on Jordan, who’s brown eyes were glistening in tears to my surprise.

“It’s over now,” she mouthed.

Her hand was so warm, oddly heated as they repeatedly glided over my cheek – wiping away the tear trails and warming me at the same time.