Chapter 7: What Enemies Shouldn't Know..

Hey! I hope that you’re still reading! Pleeeeease be still reading! Well *ahem* I won’t disturb you any longer, but here you go. Eden’s about to say goodbye to apathy :) P.S. Dedicated to my avid readers! Thank you!

 xxxx

“It starts with one thing and like clockwork, it turns another.

Slowly it eats you up inside and becomes an incurable itch, a definite bother.

I’ll keep my lips humbled to any breaching wrath,

and go about my life unless we cross paths.”

“Let’s just have a moment of praise so may we all stand,” the pastor said, stepping aside for the choir to take charge.

Sundays were very peaceful days for me. I took a break from the studying, but picked up a book or two to read. My family always went to a nearby church though called “The Little White Church” even though little wasn’t the right word to describe it. The building was huge, sheltering one hundred attendants and attracting any new members with its white and blue coat outside. The inside wasn’t so spectacular. We had polished marble floors with pews built in to the ground, lining up in multiple rows and three columns, tapestry marking the different stages of Christ’s life i.e. his birth, teaching in the temple, the betrayal, the crucifixion, the ascension and Pentecost. We had different shaped windows the varied in size as well making our church appear as a work of art instead of a standard building. I often entertained myself by just looking around instead of grabbing pieces of wisdom from the pastor. No, I just chose to put my faith in some things and not all things. If you’ve been where I’ve been, it isn’t much of an issue then. But I still attended as there was probable hope for my sisters in this. My dad’s been attending services since he was a kid so I guess you can say it’s a part of our family.

~ Bless the Lord Oh my Soul, Oh my soul. Worship his holy name and sing like never before. Oh my soul~

The choir sang in angelic harmony as a few people raised their hands in agreement and took some lyrics to heart. But there I was looking down and fiddling with my irksome tie. It kept lying crooked no matter how many times I adjusted it. Agh! Suits make me look like a hanger. Grr! Suits are the first thing to go in my wardrobe. The song ended before a deathly silence consumed the room. People bowed their heads, kept silent in their muted prayers and sighed in relief filled thoughts. I just glanced over to my little sisters that stood on the other side of my dad. They looked like angels with their palms pressed tightly together and their eyes shut lightly in their anime inspired frocks. My sisters prayed for unrealistic things – seriously, Ichigo from Bleach teaching them how to gain a Bankai? – but found solace in doing so as their faith kept them going. A smile crept onto my face at the sight and I looked to the ground, wondering if it was just childish to believe in such power. God I mean. I closed my eyes and sighed.

I wonder what Far from The Madding Crowd* is like?

XXXX

Sitting in the car on the ride home, I tuned out of the conversation the girls held with my dad as I searched the internet for some interesting debate of some sort. I landed up on Youtube somehow and started browsing the useless videos of comedic debates. One’s that were worthless by the looks of the picture, but one did stand out. “Bullying campaign: Debate of Ridgeview Primary security.” The image was of one of the teachers I knew - only because of the fact that he had transferred to Ridgeview from my humble North Park Primary school. Curiosity pushed me to open the file and watch it. I plugged in my head phones to cause the littlest attraction from my sisters conversations that jumped topics with each meter we drove. The loading sign displayed, showing the circle that lit up a few times before the video played. It loaded in sections but thankfully the wait wasn’t entirely long.