Chapter 22: Never Too Old Too Learn

Pi pi ru!! xD Hello! Here is another update. I hope you do enjoy it as it's light hearted scripting for me. On with the show:

WARNING: PARTLY EDITTED!!

XXXX

Friday Lunch time came faster than I thought and afternoon lessons were cancelled due to our teacher being ill. Most students celebrated as they had extra time to do their assignments that they were mentally excusing and all rejoiced as it meant leaving the school ground early. I sighed as I leaned on the gate, fatigue from a restless night catching up to me. For some reason, I had stressed out my mind with incessant thinking on life – not one of the best things to think of. Taylor came behind me and patted my back so hard that it knocked me off balance and on to my knees. I turned my head to look up at him and frown. All he did was shrug as Nina rushed to me and grabbed my arm, helping me up.

“Tay, be careful,” she warned.

“Sorry, I’m excited. Didn’t expect Eden to be that weak.”

Jordan walked through the gate then, looking the opposite side before looking at me.

“Kain said he’s here. Let’s go to the lot,” Jordan said giving us a mere glance before leading the way.

I stood up with a little help from Nina and dusted my uniform, readjusting my bag strap on my shoulders as the heavy weight became a strain. We followed Jordan to the parking lot and, as she had said, there was Kain in the red hummer that his father had recently purchased for him. I stopped walking and raised an eyebrow at the passenger he already had occupying the seat next to him. The others had left me behind and Kain’s passenger was the only one to notice.

“Hey Eden!” Candice shouted and got out of the car, running through Jordan and Nina and slamming in to me with her deathly gripped hug. I got winded but held on to her too for balance sake.

“Candice?” I said breathlessly before coughing. “What are you doing here?”

“Taking a little break with my boyfriend,” she informed letting me go.

“What about the bar? It opens at this time.”

Candice giggled and patted my shoulder before linking her arm with mine and pulling me to walk with her.

“You left the joint a month ago, why do you worry about it still? Plus, Mark said I could go ahead and take a break. I deserved it,” she said jutting out her bottom lip in a-matter-of-fact manner.

I chuckled and shrugged, knowing that usually she did bunk work but had a friend cover for her.

The ride to Nina’s house was uncomfortable for me. I had gotten a slight headache and the constant glaring of Kain whenever Candice spoke to me made it worse. My words grew fewer and fewer as Taylor, Nina and Candice took the floor with their yapping. Jordan stared out the window, her face revealing how distant her thinking was and I guess I was staring at her, trying to figure out why she constantly daydreamed. I had to glance at Kain once in a while in case he caught me looking at his sister. Although I’ve stood up to him once, I do not want to relive the beating he had given me.

“Oh Oh, we’re here!” Taylor shouted as he leaned on the passenger seat and pointed past Candice.

Nina laughed and patted his shoulder, enjoying his energy. I softly groaned and palmed my face. I think I needed more sleep.

“It’s going to be over soon.”

I moved my hand slightly up and looked at Jordan, who had whispered those words to me. She flashed a smile and opened the door, falling out of the car slightly before catching herself by gripping the door tightly. I smiled and ran my hand through my hair. Jordan has stayed true to her promise. She has been there for me, even if her character was enigmatic to me.