Chapter Twenty Eight

(Wow I finally updated! This story is coming to an end and I have another one in the works! More info coming soon!)

// Song of the Chapter //

Embrace the Martian ~ Kid Cudi

Crystals P.O.V
I slowly stand up from the bed and slink to the bathroom before turning on the water in the shower. I stand looking in the mirrors leaning on the counter thoughts swirling and flowing through my mind. I don't get into the shower until the mirror starts to fog over.

I let my clothes fall to the floor and step into the shower letting the burning water roll down my skin taking with it the worries of what will come when I step out. I rest my head on the cool tile wall and let the events of early sink in. I'm not sure how long I was in the shower but the next thing I remember is a loud banging on my bathroom door telling to that its time to get out. I am tempted to tell whoever it is to shut the fuck up and leave me alone until I want to come out but I don't and instead slowly turn the water off not wanting it to go away. Once it's off I step out of the shower and grab the towel that is lying on the counter and wrap it around myself, drying my body slowly. I walk out of the bathroom and into my room. I just stand there staring off at nothing wondering how my life had gotten to this point in time.

Everything that I had know growing up was a lie and just when I though I had found my home once again it was ripped out from under me. Now i'm up in the air dazed and confused and not knowing what to do. I let the towel drop to my ankles and rest on the floor as I walk over to my dresser and open to top drawer, taking out a pari of panties and a matching bra. I had lost all effort to make an appearance so I just threw on some sweats and a plane black tee. I picked my towel up off the floor and took it back into the bathroom and hung it up. In reality I was just waisting time because I didn't want to go downstairs and have to come face to face with reality. But I soon had had enough and slowly but surely I made my way downstairs so find everyone gathered together in the living room. All eyes were on me as I entered the room standing awkwardly if the doorframe. Niall cleared this throat and motioned for me to come sit down next to him. I shuffled over to him and plopped down keeping a small space between us. Jay clears his throat and says "well nows the time that everything is explained."

This whole thing started five years before Cali was born. Back then we were all happy together and lived out in the country in a large house that fit all of us. But then the elders of the clan started hunting down the vampires that didn't believe in the old ways of living and we were some of them. So we decided to split up but still be near each other and that is how we became "enemies" you could say. It wasn't supposed to last this long to be honest but I did. When the elders became more and more dangerous that's when Louis and Eleanor decided to have Cali to pretend to keep the blood like pure. You see Eleanor wasn't a vampire. She was a human which is forbidden in the old laws so they had Cali and made sure she was a vampire so that if any of the elders ever found us they could show they kept the blood line pure.

"Well then why didn't my parents do the same thing for me then?" I say, while casting a glance at Zayn who's head is conveniently staring at the floor. "I was just about to get there now be patient I'm going to explain everything" jay says.

Now as I was saying, you were the reason that all this started in the first place. Since both your parents were vampires we assumed that you would be to. But then we were wrong. When your mom was pregnant with you and we got your ultrasounds you didn't have fangs. You had normal teeth. For baby that are vampires you can see their fangs in the ultrasounds because there one of the largest things you have on your body. We got even more concerned after the news of the elders reached us and that's when we decided that we needed to split up. And that's also when your parents decided to put you up for adoption to keep you safe because if the elders ever found out you were human they would kill you. So after you were born we went into semi hiding. We didn't talk to anyone but each other. And we keep it like that until you came back into our lives. The reason we changed you without your permission was because we need to make sure you were safe from everyone like us. We would have eventually came back together once Cali and Nathan got married but your arrival speeded up the process.

I look at all of them. My gaze sliding over everyone's faces before landing back on Jay's face. I whispered "so all of this was because I wasn't a vampire when I was born? I ruined all of your lives before I was even born." I look down at my feet not knowing how I feel. I feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders but is replaced by a new one. One that will be with me forever no matter what happens. That's when I feel an arm wrap around me and I look up to meet nialls ocean blue eyes as he pulls me into his arms holding me saying "it doesn't matter what happened in the past because we're all together now and that's what matters." I look back up at him and realize that I have finally found my family and that nothing will ever be able to take that away.
_
~ holy shit. I actually finished it. After 3 years I finally finished it! Thank you to everyone that has read my book and commented on it or voted for it you guys mean the world to me! Anyway I have a new book I'm working on. I don't know when it will be it but i will update you all when it is! Thank you for sticking around until the end!~

Much love,
Calista