Chapter twenty two

(OMG I'm so sorry I havent updated in forever! Things have been really hard for me lately so I haven't goten the time to write anything. Love you all!)

Crystals P.O.V

I manage to sneak out of the room and away from the adults. I couldn't take any more planing shit. I'll just do what they tell me when its time.So for now Im going to lay in the back yard and let the feel the wind on my face and the smell of the grass calm me. I close my eyes and let everything fade into the wind. It's still so new to me that I can here so well. I listen closely and hear a little boy playing in his back yard at the end of the block and on the other side of the road I can hear the water running out of the hoes as the old lady waters her flowers in the small garden in front of her house. I sit up as the sliding door opens and out of the corner of my eye I see blond hair heading towards me. He closes the door behing him and head over to me and sits next to me. I slide down so my head is in his lap. I look up into this sea blue eyes with a little mix of green them. He sits down behind me and pulls me onto his lap and I lay my head on his shoulder. We sit there in silence and I look up and ask "What do you think will happen after all this is over?" Niall looks down at me and says " I have no idea really. Cali will be torn between her clan and her love. Louis and El will be torn apart if she leaves. But that would be agains the law unless she is excepted by the whole clan and is given some of everyones blood. Which would mean that she cant come back and stay with us." I look back up at him puzzled and ask "Why can't she live here but be with Nathan?" He looks into the distance and says "Because she can't. It's hard to explain off the top of my head but we have a book on it in the library." 

I stand up and he follows; leading me into the house and up the stairs and into the last room on the floor. Funny that I have never thought to look in this room before. I go and sit in a leather chair in front of a huge desk and watch as Niall goes along the rows of shelves looking for whatever it is he is looking for. He then turns to me holding a large dust covered book in his hands. He blows on it and dust goes everywhere making me cough and cover my mouth with my arm. He sets it down on the desk in front of me and opens it and scans thought the contents till he stops and flips thought until he get so a certain page. He spins the book around to face me and I read it.

BIRTH AND BLOOD

You are either born into a clan or turned by blood into a clan.

BORN A VAMPIRE

That clan is your permanent home.

No clan member may leave or betray their clan and is punishable by death. 

You may only mate within your clan not outside of your clan. This is also punishable by death.

BORN A HUMAN AND TURNED VAMPIRE.

That clan is your permanent home.

You may not leave or betray your clan and is punishable by death.

You may only mate within your clan not outside of your clan. This is also punishable by death.

BOTH

You may not have more than two kids except if  given permission to by the clan leader

Neither you or your mate may leave each other after having one child. Punishable by death if adultery is committed.

Those who are born a vampire but not a full vampire belong to whichever clan they are turned a full vampire to.

I stop and read that line over again and then it hits me. I may have been born into this clan but I was not turned by this clan therefor I am not and never will be part of this clan. I forget Niall is there until he puts a hand on my shoulder and says "Crystal are you ok?" I cant manage a nod. I feel like i'm going to throw up everything that I have ever eaten. I manage to squeak out "Do people still go by these rules?" Niall says "Not really except for the one about staying in the clan that you are born into, but even that one is getting broken. There are still some clans that follow the old ways but they are very rare." I nod and stand up closing the book and handing it to him and point to the last section and watch as his eyes scan and then stop. He looks up at me and then down at the book and then up at me and then down at the book. He takes in a shaky breath and looks at me again as he closes the book. He doesn't say anything as he turns around and puts the book back on the shelve. I whisper "Niall?" He just looks at me with his ice blue eyes and shakes his head exiting the room. My knees start to shake as I wait to see if he comes back into the room but he doesn't. 

I slowly make my way down the hall and I stop at the top of the stairs and hear raised voices at the bottom. I make my way down the stairs and I stop before rounding the corner and entering the living room. I hear Niall voice say "She's not part of us. She was but now she isn't. She part of The Wanted. I can't even look at her now." Sorrow is all I hear when my mother speaks. "Niall, I know you don't want to ruin your relationship with her but some things need to be set aside for your sake and hers. You need to let got of the past and hold onto the present." He lets out a huff and says "I can't just let it go! They took her from me! The one thing I cared about more than anything he took! I can't do it!" My mothers voice is soft as she says "Don't do it for yourself, do it for him. Would he want you to leave your love because of something he did?" I can't listen to anymore of this. I let my feet carrie me to the front door and out onto the driveway. Not thinking straight I just walk and walk until I relise that I am in their neighborhood. I walk down the street not caring about anything right now except for the fact that Niall can't even look at me. I here a soft voice say "Crystal?" I look up to see one of the girls I went to school with looking at me with wide eyes. She says "OMG Crystal your alive! We all thought you were dead or something!." I smile and say "Nope, Im not dead Katie." She asks "Where have you been? Knowbody has been able to reach or find you." I shrugg my sholder and say "I just needed to get away for a while. To much stress and pressure. Its amazing not having to wake up early and get ready for school everyday. And relaxing in the evening not having to do homework all evening." Kaie smile and says "Are you coming back or gonna stay out of school." I pretend to thing a bit and say "I like my freedom so I'm going to go with no. I'm not going back to school ever!" She laughs and says "Wana go get some lunch?" I nod knowing that this will help ocupy my mind and keep it away from Niall.  

 (I wont be on all week cuz im gonna be in mexico so I wont a cell service at all. I know sad day! But anyway I'm so sorry it took three mothes to update and I know its short but I promise that the next one will be longer. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!)