XXX

“Liam,” I smiled, hopping into his arms. He kissed me hard on the lips, and I knew that Louis and Harry were doing the same thing right beside us. “I missed you,”

            “It was one week,” He smiled.

            “I know, but it was one week too much,”     

            “We’ll get used to this,” Liam said, “But then again, we’ll see each other on every weekend,”

            I nodded and kissed his cheek, “I have some good news,”

            “And what’s that?”

            “I’m student body president,”

            Liam’s face dropped and his eyes widened, and then a smile worked its way onto his face and he began to laugh, “Are you serious?”

            “Dead serious,” I laughed.

            “That’s great,” He beamed.

            “I guess, but I mean, I need to start public speaking lessons again with you. I vomited all over the bathroom when I was done,” I groaned, grabbing his shirt in my hands.

            Liam laughed and then said, “I’m sorry, babe,”

            We just both smiled and kissed again, before grabbing hands and looking over to Louis and Harry who were looking back at us. We all seemed to inhale all at once and then he headed into Liam’s house.

~

            “Liam where are you going?” I asked, jumping from his couch where I sat with Louis and Harry.

            “Just out, baby,” He said, slipping on his coat and tying his shoes, “I’ll be back very soon. Just cuddle up with Louis and Harry and watch the movie, okay? I’ll bring some Chinese food home for dinner,”

            “B-But, LiLi,” I whined, standing up and walking over to him, “Can’t I come with you? I don’t want to sit around with these losers all day.”

            “Zayn, I need to do this alone,”

            “What is so important about whatever you are doing? And why can’t I know about it then?” I asked, my voice tenser than I meant it to be.

            Liam took a deep breath, “I’m going to give my condolences to Max and apologize to him for the stitches and such. I think it would be better for you to stay here. I just don’t want us to end on such a poor note, do you understand?” I didn’t answer because why did he care about Max anymore? He wasn’t supposed to even cross Liam’s mind anymore. “Don’t go all insecure on me, Zayn, baby,”

            “I just…”

            “Look, if it would make you feel better, I will be back in exactly one hour, yeah?” I nodded numbly and nodded. “Good, now, don’t doubt me,” Then he kissed me on the head and walked right out the door.

            “He’ll be back,” Harry said from behind me.

            “He’ll always come back for you Zee” Louis added. I nodded and took a deep breath. They were right. I had to trust him. Then I simply fell back with them and zoned back into the moving, humming contently when Louis pressed a kiss to my head and his hand grabbed mine. Even though Louis belonged to Harry now, he was still mine. He was still my best friend. And I loved him as much as I loved Liam—but in a different way.