X

It was Thursday. Tomorrow was the day of voting, and I was freaking out. What would I do if I won? What would I do if I lost? Deep down I knew that it would be okay no matter what, but I was still worried. I wanted to please Liam, and I wanted to lead the school.

            “Zayn, what have you been doing with all your spare time?” Louis asked me as we drove to school that morning. I dropped my head and scrambled for some excuse in my mind.

            “I’ve been writing more,” I said, “Getting ready for college essays and…what not…”

            “Someone told me the other day that you were being tutored by Mr. Payne,” His voice had a hint of smart ass in it, and I looked to him, noting the smirk that covered his face as he focused on the road in front of him.

            “It’s true,” I mumbled.

            “Oh?” He chuckled, “Well then, Zayn, looks like you may be getting taught a lesson every night, am I right?”

            I wanted to just burst, and tell him, because how can you keep such an amazing story from your best friend? He should know. He should know that I was dating Liam and that I planned on giving myself to him in every way. He should know that it was never a school boy crush. It was so, so much more. I was in love.

            “Have you gotten him to screw you yet?”

            “Louis,” I hissed.

            “What? I’m curious,” He chuckled.

            “N-No,” I stuttered, “I don’t want him to just screw me, Louis. You do understand that I love Liam, right?”

            “What?” Louis asked as he pulled into the parking lot and stopped the car, “Did you just call Mr. Payne by his first name?”

            I froze.

            “You did,” Louis said, turning to face me, “You totally just called Mr. Payne by his first name. You said Liam,”

            “N-No,” I shook my head, “I don’t know what you are talking about,”

            “Drop the act, what the hell is going on?” Louis asked, “You called him Liam and told me you love him?”

            “Nothing,” I breathed.

            “Stop lying,” Louis growled, “Zayn, I know you’ve been hiding something for awhile now, I just didn’t think it had anything to do with Mr. Payne,”

            “I had nothing to do with him,” I said, begging with my eyes and trying to get Louis to drop it.

            “It does,” He countered, “It totally does,”

            Everything was just too much, and I looked up into Louis’ big eyes, “You’re right,”

            “What?” Louis asked in surprise.

            “You’re right,” I sighed, “I’m dating Mr. Payne,”

            “No way!” Louis grinned, “No way! Zayn, fuck, good for you!”

            I shook my head, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. I had broken my promise to Liam. I told him that no one would know. I told him that I wouldn’t tell anybody.